Cobra Gps 1000 Interface?

IV's reality sounds harsh, but it matches my impression.. The percentage of Cobra users we see here or gpspassion or such is low, but the percentage of unhappy Cobra users seems disproportionally high.

In all my readings, I've not seen anyone successfully uploading batches of coords to these things from any software on any host OS.

Certainly there's no code in GPSBabel (and thus, GSAK) to handle these. Sorry.

Just your luck that you got one that works :D

Tell them at the store that you've only had a couple of chances to try to use it, and couldn't get it to work right. Odds are they've heard that story before from other Cobra purchasers before :P

Yeah - get a good Garmin model

The Streetfinder software from Rand McNally is able to import waypoints in csv format. With GPSBabel you can convert loc/gpx files from gc.com into csv, and after some tweaking of column names, order etc. it should be possible to load them into Streetfinder.

Here's a description how to upload waypoints from Streetfinder to your unit: Downloading an address or a waypoint into the the GPS500/1000.

Cornix

The Streetfinder software from Rand McNally is able to import waypoints in csv format. With GPSBabel you can convert loc/gpx files from gc.com into csv, and after some tweaking of column names, order etc. it should be possible to load them into Streetfinder.

If anyone can send an example of a file that Streetfinder will consume that's been suitably "tweaked" to me, it can probably be added to GPSBabel.

In GPSBabel, straight something-separated formats are pretty easy to do thanx to the style sheet stuff that Alex and I implemented.

You need to know the exact format that Streetfinder expects as input. If there is no documentation on that, I would place some waypoints manually on the map and export them to a file (if this is possible). Afterwards I would load this file into Excel and examine the headings and column order.

Load your GPSBabel converted cache waypoint file into Excel, rename the field headings and rearrange the columns accordingly (if necessary). Then save the changed data to a file (again in csv format) and try to load it into Streetfinder.

You can also send the exported Streetfinder file to robertlipe, so he can integrate that format into a future version of GPSBabel.

Cornix