June 2005 Macworld

I was in OfficeMax over the weekend picking up a few things, when I noticed that this month's Macworld's Bonus cd had in big letters "MAC GPS EXPLORER". I've not had much of a chance yet to look things over, a few of the programs I already have downloaded from the net, but there were a few titles that caught my attention, as I didnt recall seeing/hearing about them.

The biggest surprise, was a mention of "Or join in on the popular new treasure-hunting pastime, geocaching."

I dont subscribe to this publication, due to lack of time to even read all the free trade magazines I receive every month, but I bought this to satisfy my curiosity.

I thought i'd pass this info along, just in case I'm *not* the last to know. <_<

Edited by Crystal Sound
you should have no problem using gpsbabel to write information to it.

Well, you sure know how to make a guy feel a little slow. <_< I have only just downloaded GPSbabel and haven't managed to move any data yet. I can see the 600 on the desktop, but short of copying the data to the desktop by click and drag I don't seem able to do anything with it. I'm still playing with it.

Well, I did it while I was typing this to you.

Can I use GPSbabel to move information into the geocache manager? If so, please be specific. I'm not a techie (which is why I use a Mac.) IMHO, the iPod is the perfect computer device - just plug it in and it automatically copied what it needed to itself.

dazed&confused

My apologies for the delay for the update. I compsed a message yesterday afternoon, but the server was giving me timeout errors.

In a nutshell, what's on the CD: (*) denotes info only, no program

FlightTrack 0.0.1.5

GPS Connect .2

GPS USA (*)

GPS3D 1.20

GPSBabel 1.2.3

GPSNavX 2.70

GPSPhotoLinker 1.1.0

gpsWrite 1.7.5

GPSy

iQue Conduit 1.0

Link2GPS 1.8.0

MacGPS Pro 5.5.0 (*)

Route 66 2004 (*)

Terrabrowser 1.5a9

Topo! State Series (*)

TopoDraw 1.7.5

TrueNav 1.3.1

Also provided were links to geocaching.com, microsoft terraserver, gps city's survey to apple, gps city, gps waypoint registry, and a few more.

Most of this is available around the net. However, one or two program on the list, I somehow missed, and were "new" to me.