Nibl

I had this all typed up...but the original poster just barely beat me to shutting the thread down. I thought there was still some good advice (maybe keep it in mind for the next time?) so I wanted it up for posterity. I'm really glad to see the original poster did shut the thread down as I was about to suggest it. It was a rough start to his forum experience (partly brought on by himself) but hopefully it gets better from here.

I'm not leaving this topic open (pointless to)...respond if you feel the need by Forum PM (private message).

-----------

Time for you to go.
You need to leave, Now.

He definitely needs to give it (his keyboard) a rest for a while...but no joke, so do you...and uper, and the rest.

He didn't start a troll; you guys created it. Now, we're at a point where he's like 14-yrs old and has a chip on his shoulder because even when he's just repeating himself, people are nit-picking on his logs, his words, his typing. Add to that the whole "Real Geocachers" parody of the "Real Men" joke that nobody got because they were already of a hateful mindset and it just continues to get out of hand (he even tried to splinter that junk off to a thread where it might be more obvious that it's just a parody of a somewhat-famous joke...but it was correctly snuffed out). He then gets defensive and just lashes out with more fodder for the forum vultures to come back on.

And beyond that, some of you start to sound like CourtTV readers with your conspiracy theories on his Team account vs his player account. There are dozens of Teams that log finds from individual members' hides, because the rest of the team hadn't done it and the Team goes out to do the cache. This isn't new, but any straws you can grab at to jump the newbie, right?

And kid, settle down. Don't feed off of them and they won't have any reason to feed off of you. We got it: You don't like micros and caches that you deem lack a righteous purpose. We got it. It's over now. You're not the only one that feels this way (do a search on the forums for "ban micros" and you can read all about the history and maybe even pick up some of the "lingo"). Keep putting out what you think are good caches and trust me, you'll see all the people new to the game in your area place similar caches because that's what they're used to doing. There are next to none like you hate in Boston and it's because every new one hidden tries to improve on the ones already found in the area.

Neither one of you (him or the rest of you piling onto the mayhem) has acted smart enough to just let it go. This forum has gone a really really long time without needing a forum moderator to shut down threads like this and I think that's been the best part about the forums for the past few months. Let's just let this go...the kid'll learn, but not if you continue in this fashion.

Thanks. Everyone.

--------------

Peace.

Edited by ju66l3r