Can Anyone Offer Information?

Hello everyone:

My family and I are going on vacation to Disney. I figured that the easiest caches to do would be virtuals, because its hard to find a cache and sign it in this busy park. I have two questions. My first question is am I going to have a difficult time getting my GPS on the plane with me? With all of the security, you never know what will happen. I don't think I will get in any trouble, but maybe one of you has gone through this problem or knows what to do off hand.

My next question is will I have a difficult time getting my GPS into Disney. Once again I'm hoping someone has had experience in this matter. If anyone has any comments or can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, and I look forward to hear from someone.

gerG

I have taken my GPS on numerous plane trips in carry on bags on several occasions without problem -- TSA, airlines or otherwise.

Most of the airlines these days have policies on operating GPSrs that can be found in the back of the airline magazine.

Southwest (which I fly most often) will let you operate it in the air just like other electronic equipment.

I did note that American Airlines now states that Global Positioning Satellite equipment is now prohibited from operation on flights. Not sure why a GPSr would be a problem because it is just a receiver and not a transmitter but why create a problem.

Edited spelling

Edited by LSUMonica

Greetings from sunny Florida! No problems using your GPS, but remember, there are now no physical caches on Disney, so all that is available are virtuals. However, the metro Orlando area is fairly cache dense as well as the beaches (Melbourne, Titusville, Daytona), so bring your GPS and have a great time!

You will have no problem getting your GPSr onto the plane or into Disney. While your in the area, check out the caches in the Winter Park area. There are a great number of shops for non-caching family members to hit while you find some caches. Tell them you want to visit my alma mater, Rollins College. At your age, that will definitely create a side trip.