Two Event/cito Improvements...

ODragon

I think one of these might have been mentioned before but a quick search didn't pull anything.

1) I'd love to see an area added to the RSVP log where people could put how many people would be coming which would sum up somewhere on the page so the owner could have a more accurate count of how many people would be going w/o going through all the logs to try to figure that out.

2) I also think it would help if there was a mass e-mail button which would allow the owner to send an e-mail to everyone who's RSVPed. That way important info could be sent out w/o having to be on a watchlist and see every little log added.

Just some thoughts...

I think one of these might have been mentioned before but a quick search didn't pull anything.

1) I'd love to see an area added to the RSVP log where people could put how many people would be coming which would sum up somewhere on the page so the owner could have a more accurate count of how many people would be going w/o going through all the logs to try to figure that out.

2) I also think it would help if there was a mass e-mail button which would allow the owner to send an e-mail to everyone who's RSVPed. That way important info could be sent out w/o having to be on a watchlist and see every little log added.

Just some thoughts...

The problem with #2 is that there are those cachers that don't want to be mass mailed. There is also the potential for abuse. Some cache owner could email me no caching stuff. if its a watched cache then the info has to be in a published note. People are more likely to not abuse that. I don't watch event caches. If I am going to the event I check back when I want to see if anything has changed. I would not want a mass mailing option.

So, you say then that I can opt out. That starts a whole nother set of problems starting with a simple idea that gets much more difficult to make happen.

In my opinion, Its not broke, lets not fix it.

The problem with #2 is that there are those cachers that don't want to be mass mailed. There is also the potential for abuse. Some cache owner could email me no caching stuff. if its a watched cache then the info has to be in a published note. People are more likely to not abuse that. I don't watch event caches. If I am going to the event I check back when I want to see if anything has changed. I would not want a mass mailing option.

How about a published mass-e-mail note that will stay in the logs also. That would work the same and solve your problem with it.

As for:

I didn't say it was broken but improvements happen all the time and it's worth suggesting them even if they're shot down. Someone might take one and improve on it to something even better!

In retrospect I think the "will attend" idea was a bad idea. The site wasn't really meant to be an event management service. Instead, I suggest that you use a web site like http://www.evite.com/ as a complement to your Geocaching event. It does look like you need an invite list but you could ask people to email you with their email address. Or there may be other event management sites out there that I don't know about.

The log entry is universal and shouldn't contain a whole lot of information except the note, date, and type. Think of it as an action - finding, picking up, dropping off, etc.