Traveler Friendly Alaska Caches

Ladybug Kids

Since there have been several requests for cache lists from cachers traveling to Alaska, the Ladybug Kids put together a set for Anchorage, Fairbanks, and the northern 250 miles of the Parks Highway which connects Anchorage to Fairbanks.

The bookmarked lists reflect our biases and direct experience and we encourage other Alaskans to post their favorite caches to give visiting cachers a jumpstart on tackling caches in The Great Land.

Fairbanks Area Caches

Parks Highway Caches (North of Talkeetna Turnoff)

Anchorage Area Caches

Will work up lists for Delta Junction, Valdez, and Fairbanks outlying areas in the near future.

Moderator: Can this be pinned to the top of the Northwest Forum?

Wouldn't this do just as well in the already pinned Northwest Bookmarks thread? I believe that is meant for all states in the NW forum.

I thought about that, but after paging through the "Northwest Bookmarks" thread and seeing how long it's getting I got to thinking that having an Alaska stand-alone (and other NW states for that matter) would make it easier for people to locate a specific region. Otherwise, I see people Markwelling new posters who request Alaskan (or Oregon, etc.) caches.

My goal is to get this information out in an easy to find location since I've handled over a dozen requests for information for Alaskan caches through the forums and direct e-mails in the past two months, so I know the interestest is out there. One can always Markwell to a specific post or posts for Alaska in the "Northwest Bookmarks" pinned thread.

If the desire is to minimize the number of pinned threads, then...

I request that a moderator merge this with the exisiting "Northwest Bookmarks" pinned at the top or drop me a PM or e-mail and I'll close this thread and put a fresh post in the already existing "Northwest Bookmarks" thread. I just want to get the information out there in an easy to locate place.

Thanks!

I just wanted to add to Daddy Lady Bug's Parks Highway list, Little Willow (GCPFQW) cache. I know Daddy Lady Bug and the Lady Bug Kids have not had to opportunity to test out the cache yet, but that’s because they keep flying back to Fairbanks!

This cache is conveniently located in Willow, along the Parks Highway, south of the Talkeetna Cuttoff, but before Wasilla. It is a good cache for kids and for those adults needing to stretch their legs for a nice 10 - 15 min walk.

Edited by MamaMouse