Map Question

Clan Riffster

When I click on the "View Map" link of a cache page, the map is split, with a large gap at the bottom. I'm assuming the problem is on my end, since this particular desktop is the only PC it occurs on. When I log in at work, or my wifes laptop, all is as it should be.

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 & Internet Explorer Version 6.0.

Any ideas?

Thanx!

If I had to guess it sounds like some of the images are not rendering correctly.

The number one cause of that is cache image corruption/problems.

Try holding shift and clicking on "refresh" and see if that helps.

The other more in-depth way to clear your cache for all pages is to open "tools">"Internet Options". In the options window, under "Temporary Internet Files", click "Delete Files...". On the next window go ahead and check "Delete all offline content" and then OK. After it gets done cleaning out your browser cache, close your browser, open it up fresh and try again on the map page.

If it still doesn't work, I'm not sure.

I posted this problem a LONG time ago for me. (Markwell)

I let it drop as it's a IE issue for me (work and home) but works fine with Firefox.

I have two screens with the left being IE and the right being firefox. Both screens are set at 1280x1024 with 150% DPI on the font size.

mapgap.jpg

Edited by odragon
So it is just due to making your fonts ginormous? It really isn't that big of a deal but when I get to editing that page again I'll make sure to monkey around with the html so it doesn't drop the bottom scroll.

Semi-ginormous but semi bad line breaking. Below is how the screen looks when I don't overlap the browser. It seems like it's line breaking while there is still much room on the right side of the screen where it should be going.

mapgap2.jpg