Haunted Cache!

We recently returned from a fascinating cache called Chapel Trouble in Dorset only to find extras in one of the photos!

We thought it weird that there wasn't a single noise in the woods of any birds or animals.

When we reached the remains of the 13th century chapel, our young daughter unknowingly ran over the top of the graves of two people buried there only seconds before the photo was taken. It looks like she may have disturbed them!

After downloading the photo onto the computer we were confused by an extra pink area, but after studying it closer and seeing two faces (one of which very clear) we were very spooked! Could this really be a ghost? We can think of no other explanation!

Here are the photos...

The original showing the extra pink area

12bd5329-d03d-4769-a25d-c6a2cb9c2fa1.jpg

The pink area (the most prominent face is just above centre)

76778880-4884-4595-99ae-038a58356d9d.jpg

The face zoomed in.

f637df4e-8a51-464c-a5df-89d34de0b229.jpg

On film cameras, discoloured areas like this are usually caused by light leaking into the camera and discolouring the film slightly. I don't know if this is also seen on digital cameras.

Otherwise it might just be the metering of the camera getting tricked by the colour of the wall, and balancing the colour gives a pink tint to the area of Ivy without so many leaves.

When we reached the remains of the 13th century chapel, our young daughter unknowingly ran over the top of the graves of two people buried there only seconds before the photo was taken.

When I read this post first time, it read as if the people had been buried seconds before the picture was taken and I thought 'how did the daughter not know this?' LOL

The discolouration is probably a reflection in the lens.

You've got some discolouration on the picture which could be caused by any number of things, e.g. flare in the lens, damage to the film, a fault in processing, incorrect white balance... Human brainse are predisposed to find faces in patterns, without trying I can see 2 face shapes in the foliage around the brickwork which are more realistic than the ones in the pink area.

Looks very cartoonish for a ghost, doesn't it? I actually saw another face, that of a round-faced woman, just above the one you saw. I say 'face' - I mean a vague collection of bright and dark blobs that my ape's brain tries to make into something I might recognise. That's usually a human figure or face.

Oook.

SP

Very interesting.

Forget the film excuse as 'Hancock' said He 'Downloaded it'. Its A digital shot.

I noticed that I think 'Flash' was used. See the brightness on the stonework.

Also the Sun was behind the camera or to one side. As if you look top right you can see the brightness of the sun on the trees.

There can not be color satuation as there are no pink objects..

It's a ghost or two.... :mad::lol:

The camera is digital and brand new. It has a 8.3X Zoom lens and as far as I can tell from looking at the lens it is fine and clean. We took over 200 photos on our caching/camping weekend and they are all fine. We had somebody check the photo out yesterday as their line of work is digital photography and advertising and they had the whole office chatting about it. As far as they were concerned from taking all the photographic blurb into account...why was there a pink object because photographically there shouldn't be!!! I'm still sitting on the fence with this one...still not sure!!

Edited by The Hancock Clan