Need Help With Gsak Custom Exporting Of Usr Files

ClydeE QUOTE: You can do this via the GSAK custom export (File=>Export=>Custom)

In the statement to run enter:

"GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" -o lowranceusr -F "f:\sd card\waypoints.usr"

Just change the generated file (after the -F) for your set up.

---------

I was hoping you could help me a little more ClydeE. Prior to getting my new iFINDER GPS I was experimenting with GSAK's custom export procedure attempting to figure out how to send waypoints in usr format to my MMC/SD card (F drive). I apoligize for being so dense but I can't seem to get it right. I have been using the statement to run variation you sent me, trying several different variations but I keep getting error messages.

The default GSAK statement to run is: "C:\Program Files\GSAK\GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\Program Files\GSAK\temp\babel.gpx"

The statement you sent me is: "GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" -o lowranceusr -F "f:\sd card\waypoints.usr"

Could you please show exactly where and how the statement you were nice enough to share with me fits into the default GSAK statment?

For what it's worth, I'm running Windows XP on an HP with a built in card reader.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok I will try to explain.

The default statement is really just an example to show the syntax for GPSBabel, so for the moment just ignore this.

So what you need to do is completely replace the default statement with:

"GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" -o lowranceusr -F "f:\sd card\waypoints.usr"

The items in bold are the only ones you should need to change:

c:\gsak - This is the path to you install folder of GSAK. The default install folder is c:\program files\gsak

"f:\sd card\waypoints.usr" - replace f: with what ever drive your computer shows as your SD card. "sd card" can be any folder on that card. "waypoints.usr" is the name of the file you want to give this group of waypoints.

So lets say you have installed GSAK to the default "c:\program files\gsak", your SD card reader has a drive letter of "g:", you have a folder called "geocaching" on the sd card, and the file you are about to generate you want to call "waypoints.usr" and put it in the "geocaching" folder on your SD card. Now enter this:

"GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\Program files\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" -o lowranceusr -F "g:\geocaching\waypoints.usr"

Ok I will try to explain.

The default statement is really just an example to show the syntax for GPSBabel, so for the moment just ignore this.

So what you need to do is completely replace the default statement with:

The items in bold are the only ones you should need to change:

c:\gsak - This is the path to you install folder of GSAK. The default install folder is c:\program files\gsak

"f:\sd card\waypoints.usr" - replace f: with what ever drive your computer shows as your SD card. "sd card" can be any folder on that card. "waypoints.usr" is the name of the file you want to give this group of waypoints.

So lets say you have installed GSAK to the default "c:\program files\gsak", your SD card reader has a drive letter of "g:", you have a folder called "geocaching" on the sd card, and the file you are about to generate you want to call "waypoints.usr" and put it in the "geocaching" folder on your SD card. Now enter this:

"GPSBabel.exe" -N -i gpx -f "C:\Program files\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" -o lowranceusr -F "g:\geocaching\waypoints.usr"

You did good ClydeE! That seemed to do the trick! All I can do now is wait for my Lowrance to arrive. THANKS A MILLION!!!