Pen-y-fan Charity Walk

monno2

:D Hi All,

As a totaly new member with no Caches to my name I'm here to ask for your help.

On the 10th September I'll be wakling to the top of Pen-Y-Fan in south wales. Meany of you already know this is were the army train the SAS etc.

I have decided to raise money for Breakthrough Brest Cancer while completingthis walk and have a target of £1,000.

Also while doing this I will be plaining on completing my first three Cachies which are;

Just Passing - GCMGEM

Tommy Jones - GCGJHW

and

Pen Y Fantastic GC5250

Oh and did I mention I will be doing this without a GPS unit - which could makes thing fun.

Anyway I'd like to call on your help for Donations by helping me make my target.

I have a online page that you can visit (link below), and many thanks for your support.

<Edited by Lactodorum>

Many thanks

Paul Clarke

Edited by Lactodorum

Wo Ho!!!

Hang on a minute here everyone, I am sorry Paul, but you are probably totally genuine, but in the forces we have a saying, don't answer a call out of the blue, well I am afraid that your call is out of the blue.

No one knows you here, and you are wanting people to log onto your website, of a charity that I have never heard of, and give personal bank details onto your site.

I am afraid that your post has all the hallmarks of a SCAM!!

If you are genuine then I wish you the best of luck and I apologise if I have caused offence, but I will stick to donating to people I know.

Your more than welcome to think this however you are welcome to visit the site and you will see it is run by BMYCHARITY who organise this on behalf of Breakthrough.

Also if you wish you can contact Lucy at Breackthrough on:

LucyR@breakthrough.org.uk

My Challanger number is C9537.

This is no SCAM and it would atcaly help if you do check me out so you can come back and clear this.

Regards

Paul

I'm afraid that I won't be checking out your details Paul, but anyone who wishes to donate, should take your advice before giving their personal details.

As I have already said, no offence intended, but it isn't right to ask people you don't know to trust you, and give bank details onto a webiste that could easily have been made up, similar to the fake Ebay sites that try a similar scam.

Hi Paul, welcome to Geocaching. As you're new I'm guessing you're not too familiar with the conventions of posting on this forum.

It is essentially for discussion of Geocaching related topics and while I understand that you'll be attempting to find some caches on your walk your post is actually about supporting your charity.

Although the stated aims of the charity are very well meaning (I have more than one family member who has been affected) this is really not the place for fund raising. I realise that there have been charitable discussions in the past but they have been very closely related to geocaching.

I'm therefore closing this thread before it develops in an "unfortunate" direction. I'm also editing your note to remove the associated link. I'm sorry I have to do this but I hope you understand.

That being said, I wish you very well in your effort.