Pocket Query

Pirate & Crafty

Temporarily, you need to follow the link provided in the pocket query e-mail to re-activate your query to run on the same day the next week. Or, you can just go to your pocket query page once a week and check all the appropriate boxes. Go back and read one of the e-mails, or read other threads in this section of the forums, for further details.

If you read the text in the email, it tells you to click the link to have the PQ run the next week.

This was a temporary measure to solve the problem of PQs that couldn't run at all because there were too many requests, possibly by people who weren't even actively caching now.

Edit: too slow. Must remember to "Refresh" before replying . . . :laughing:

Edited by Miragee

Jeremy, since the code is obviously in place for both the recurring and non-recurring approaches, why not add a column in the table where we can check whether the PQ should run on the schedule week after week or just once (without being deleted). Even if only a few persons use it in non-recurring mode, it would save bandwidth.

Can you also increase the number of PQ we can store from 20 to say 50

How about 100? It's a nice round number and seems like a large enough jump that nobody would think it constraining.

When bookmark lists are available as PQs, I'd like to have a PQ for each list, so I can just check the "run once and save" box for a list before a planned trip to that area.

I'm trying to be a responsble user of PQs...I have 8 that I run one time a week. The rest are on-demand, but I have enough differing demands that the 20 PQ limit is causing me problems.

[Edit: typo]

Edited by beejay&esskay

I would also like to get the ability back to have PQ run every week automatically. I use GSAK to automatically read in the email, grab the file, and delete the email.

Therefore, I never even see the text. It is all Automated within GSAK.

Thanks,

samirsky

www.SAMirsky.com

I have a problem in that I have a bunch of queries that I normally spread out during the week. But when I click on the box on the PQ page no matter what day I select, it runs the query immediately, so I quickly run out of my 5 pqs for that day. For example, today is Wednesday, I clicked the box for Monday for one of my pq's (to have it run next monday) and the darn thing ran it immediately. So I can't set up all the queries ahead of time because I run out of my 5 for that day.

Edited by LindaLu
I have a problem in that I have a bunch of queries that I normally spread out during the week. But when I click on the box on the PQ page no matter what day I select, it runs the query immediately, so I quickly run out of my 5 pqs for that day. For example, today is Wednesday, I clicked the box for Monday for one of my pq's (to have it run next monday) and the darn thing ran it immediately. So I can't set up all the queries ahead of time because I run out of my 5 for that day.

You should probably start a new thread since this is a specific off-topic problem...

I just checked 2 PQs for Friday to see what would happen and they haven't run. PQs are running almost immediately now...so I'm not seeing the problem you are.

When you start a new thread on this, tell us if this just started happening and if there is anything "strange" about what you are doing, since I'm not seeing the problem and I think we'd be hearing from others if this were a general problem.

We're giving it a couple of days but with some changes to the database queries we have significantly enhanced the performance of the Pocket Query Generator. So we may soon lift the uncheck "solution" in place right now.

When you do, can you include a message to that end in the weekly notification email? I don't, like many others, read the PQ email.

Thanks