Trackable Wooden Nickels Katrina Fund Raiser

TetrAmigos

Geocachers,

My wife and I were sitting in front of the television watching the news unfold like the rest of you, horrified at the events, but even more distressed about the victims left behind. We thought long and hard how we could support the victims beyond our own cash contribution, and suddenly it hit us:

Geocache for Disaster Relief

My wife and I recently finished up with the second batch of Wooden Nickels for track-able Geocaching in California, and we thought this might be an excellent opportunity to use as a fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

You can view the previous wooden nickel post here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...opic=100944&hl=

At the last order, we were charging $.31 cents per wooden nickel (with a minimum order of 15 nickels) to California geocachers. These nickels can be tracked just like a geocoin or travel bug, using the site posted on the nickels. The $.31 cents included PayPal fees, shipping, and print costs (which went up dramatically after the first order and caused us to just barely be able to afford running the second order). All elements factored, these wooden nickels cost about $.43 cents now to manufacture and ship, and we decided that we are going to be offering a fundraiser event using these wooden nickels (see link above).

Each Katrina Disaster Relief Wooden Nickel will have a Red Cross symbol on the front-center of the nickel with the words "Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief" front outer-circle.

red_cross.jpg (We'll try and have it printed in Red, but if it's more cost effective to do in black we'll do that as it'll put more fundraiser money in the hands of the Red Cross.)

The wording of the back will read: "Remember the Victims of the Hurricane Katrina Disaster & Donate to RedCross.org" with the same wording in the outer circle as shown in the link above.

We will be selling these wooden nickels at $1.00 each, with every possible cent going directly to the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. We estimate that roughly $.57 cents per nickel will go directly to the Red Cross, but we are working now to make that much higher through concessions with the printer.

To place an order for these Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief Track-able Wooden Nickels, please complete the form below and email it to the address listed at the bottom.

Last Name:

First Name:

Shipping Address:

Contact Ph # (optional):

Contact Email:

# of Nickels I'd Like ($1.00 each):

Batch: Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief

Email or Fax this completed form to: markrmccoy@gmail.com with the phrase "Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief" in the subject line, or fax it to us at 206-350-6279.