Category Proposal: Wild Mushroom Spots

I saw a category for fishing spots and berry picking but not one for mushrooms, nor did a search of the forums pick up anything on "mushroom".

I'm a member of the Humboldt Mycological Society and take advantage of my GPSr to mark good places to return and look for wild mushrooms. Wild mushroom season starts soon here in the costal Pacific northwest.

I'm also an Environmental Science: Technology - Landscape Ecosystems major at Humboldt State University and would be very interested to learn about mushroom locations and time of year they are available in different parts of the US and world.

I saw a category for fishing spots and berry picking but not one for mushrooms, nor did a search of the forums pick up anything on "mushroom".

I'm a member of the Humboldt Mycological Society and take advantage of my GPSr to mark good places to return and look for wild mushrooms. Wild mushroom season starts soon here in the costal Pacific northwest.

I'm also an Environmental Science: Technology - Landscape Ecosystems major at Humboldt State University and would be very interested to learn about mushroom locations and time of year they are available in different parts of the US and world.

Whoah! :D

I'm ALL OVER this one!!!! ;)

Now that spring is ing the area in NWPA (Erie PA) this one has come to the top of my list. I am looking for Morels in NWPA and I would love to be part of this list. I have hunted them in the past and having a hot spot would be great so I am happy to bump this one to the top of the list. I would be happy to share and learn of those sweet spots.

It has been half a year since I proposed this category and I've since dedicated my time to other pursuits (mostly homebrewing and mushroom cultivation). I'm afraid I don't have time to lead this category but would be happy to hand it off to someone who is feeling ambitious about it. I'll also be happy to log some great spots in Northern California in which to find Chanterelles and King Boletes.