My Pocket Queries Schedule Disappear

Nekloth

Hello,

Since few weeks, I have some trouble with pocket queries... I have about 10 queries. I scheduled them, two per day, during 5 days.

... and sometimes (every morning gmt+1 ??? maybe every monday, I'm not sure), my scheduling disappear... All my pocket queries are there, BUT will never run because, no checkedboxes are checked anymore...

Do you have any idea ???

Thank you !

Nekloth

I hope the administrators are monitoring these threads. If all the points below have been made before, then they bear repeating in new threads till the message gets through.

:D It seems to me that one week of this would have weeded out all the PQs not being used.

:lol: I submit that nearly all the PQs not being rescheduled belong to active people like Nekloth, who didn't know about the new policy.

:lol: Putting a disclamer in the PQ email telling us that the PQ needs to be rescheduled is, at best, a lame CYA ploy. Nobody reads automated emails. I never once read the text of a PQ email till finding out about this in the forums.

:lol: Doing this for a week once every two or three months would accomplish everything that the current continuous de-scheduling does, while minimizing the consternation experienced by new members and the aggravation of the rest of us.

It's been said before that a small percentage of cachers read the forums.

Many users get their PQs delivered to alternate or fully automated addresses, so it' s not unexpected that those folks would have missed this.

PQs have been around now for about three years and I don't think there has ever been announcements in them prior to this, so it's understandable that users wouldn't look there - they just go straight to the attachments.

There is both an "click here for web site changes and announcements" button in the profile and an announcement section in the forum (see also: read by a minority...) so it's understandable that users would listen for announcements in those places instead of seeking out new places for announcements.

The recurring theme in these messages is that users agree the site could have done a better job communicating this - a message inside the PQ itself was a bad idea.

"My soda just went flat. And I have this rash..."

"You did read the inside of the soda can for the new health warning and that we've just cut the shelf life on this soda to six days, didn't you?"

"No, I've been drinking soda for a long time, there have never been words there, and there are other places in that purchase that convey information to me, such as the packaging, the display signs, etc. Why would I have looked inside the can? Besides, soda has always lasted longer than a week."

"Oh, we also mentioned it inside the Soda Drinkers Forum. (OK, we didn't actually do it in the "announcement" section,b ut we mentioned it. How out of the loop are you?"

[ image of drinker assaulting Soda Company Representative censored for violence ]

--- edited to note that announcement wasn't in announcement section

Edited by robertlipe