Hi! Me Again, Looking To Borrow Gpsr's

The Jester

Last year our Men's Retreat in Wenachee had so much fun trying out Geocaching, that they want to do it again (I know of one family that did continue caching). I'm in the same 'boat' as then - I don't have enough GPSr's to do the job. Seaveral people in the area were kind enough to loan me a unit(s), so I'm asking again - if you have one that I can borrow for the day I would really like it. Thanks ahead of time.

The date is Oct 8th and we'll be at Mt. Springs Lodge in Leavenworth (well, Plain really, but the address says Leavenworth).

I'm thinking if they want to keep on doing this that we should see about buying several used Etrex's to have on hand.

I have a spare explorist 100 that could be loaned. I'm in Wenatchee.

Well, hello there... :(

HEY! Go find your own thread to beg GPSr's from! ;):(

QUOTE (The Jester @ Sep 16 2005, 09:12 PM)

Hmm...  now if someone were to loan me a 60c ... 

Now how many times do I have to keep telling you NO!?

(Whimper, whimper, whine) Please!!!!!!!!!! It's so mean to dangle it in front me all the time. (Whine, whimper, whimper) :(;)

So since my 60CS decided to dive into the Puget Sound on a sailing trip today, I will have to withdraw my offer to borrow my back-up GPS. Oh yeah, the wind was good and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Peace, Nolenator

That really sucks!! So what your saying is that they don't float. I wonder how long it worked before dying.

So since my 60CS decided to dive into the Puget Sound on a sailing trip today, I will have to withdraw my offer to borrow my back-up GPS. Oh yeah, the wind was good and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Peace, Nolenator

I hate it when electronics decide to take their first swim without permission...

Sorry for your loss Nolenator!

On the other hand, I did get my Legend back last week and it is available if you need it Jester...just let me know.

I've still got that GB coin for you as well...if you are still interested...if not, let me know that too.

So since my 60CS decided to dive into the Puget Sound on a sailing trip today,

Oh no!! :blink: That's terrible!! I'm so sorry, Nols. :huh:

Ironically, I was leaning on the railing of the ferry today watching our progress on my 60CS map screen. The thought popped into my head that it would be an awful tragedy if I were to drop it, so I got out my lanyard and clipped that puppy onto my neck for safekeeping. :blink:

I want to thank everyone who loan me a GPSr for our Men's Retreat. We had five teams of men (2 to 4 in each group) going out and about the Leavenworth area hunting caches. Everyone I talked to had a great time and enjoyed the adventure. So great big thanks go to Terrible T's, Cent5, Landrover, Team Misguided, WeightMan, Prying Pandora & Plaid Guy, GlobalGirl, and Allenon!

The only bad part of the day is that while my wife (Blooming Idiot) and I were driving up to Sugerloaf (a nice cache with a wonderful view) we hit a rock that cracked the transmission cover and we were leaking tranny fluid all over the place. <_< We were able to limp home (stopping to add more fluid every once and a while). Tomorrow the van will go to the shop. :rolleyes: But such is life! :P