Gpsmap 60c Backlight Problem

dragonzealot

I bought a 60C from a guy here. The unit was described as "brand new" condition.

I wonder if anyone seen this or is this a common problem.

I've never seen it before - definitely NOT a common problem.

I'd say you have issues to discuss with the seller. Of course he/she/they will deny there was any problem with it when it was shipped. Was it insured when it was shipped?

I've never seen it before - definitely NOT a common problem. 

I'd say you have issues to discuss with the seller.  Of course he/she/they will deny there was any problem with it when it was shipped.  Was it insured when it was shipped?

This is exactly what the seller said and he does not have the receipt for warranty claims.

It was insured and was shipped with bubble bag. There is no apparent damage to the package itself so I am not sure if insurance will cover this.

Do you guys really think its been dropped. There is no sign of abuse on the unit itself. It looks like there are problems on the underside of the LCD. This display is completely perfect under the sun.

I will contact Garmin to see what they can do.

Garmin is pretty good about repairs. I bought my 76CS on eBay brand new in the box. Then I bought an external antenna for it. The plug on the antenna came apart inside the jack on the 76CS. I tried everything in the world to get the pieces out but no dice. I called Garmin (fully expecting to pay big time for a repair) and told them what happened. I freely admitted that I had tried repeatedly to get the parts out and that I had likely screwed up the inside of the antenna socket. I told them that I was aware it wouldn't be covered under warranty but asked if they could fix it and charge me. They replaced the unit under warranty. I was totally blown away. After that the antenna folks (Glisson) replaced the antenna and even reimbursed me for shipping the broken one back. Then the invisibleSHIELD folks replaced the screen protector I had on the unit that was replaced even though I didn't have the old screen protector to send back (like you are supposed to do for replacement). Excellent customer service from all three companies. Don't despair. Garmin will likely take care of you.