How Do I Enter Coords Into A Tom Tom 300

HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF YOU CAN ENTER COORDS ONTO A TOM TOM RATHER THAN INPUTTING A POSTCODE AS I HAVE A GARMIN VISTA FOR MY GEOCATHING BUT SOMETIMES THE GEO'S HAVE A PARKING DESTINATION WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY TOM TOM 300 FOR

WOULD BE GREATFULL OF SOME HELP.....

If by any chance you are already using GSAK for your primary hunting GPS, be aware that you can "Export" TomTom *.OV2 files with GSAK, and copy them directly over into your map folder on your TomTom. Be sure that you include both the gpx files you get from geocaching.com since the smaller file has the waypoints for parking, etc. These then show up as a custom POI on your TomTom. I put all of my PQ caches on my GO720 that way. Edited by ecanderson
HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF YOU CAN ENTER COORDS ONTO A TOM TOM RATHER THAN INPUTTING A POSTCODE AS I HAVE A GARMIN VISTA FOR MY GEOCATHING BUT SOMETIMES THE GEO'S HAVE A PARKING DESTINATION WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY TOM TOM 300 FOR

WOULD BE GREATFULL OF SOME HELP.....

If by any chance you are already using GSAK for your primary hunting GPS, be aware that you can "Export" TomTom *.OV2 files with GSAK, and copy them directly over into your map folder on your TomTom. Be sure that you include both the gpx files you get from geocaching.com since the smaller file has the waypoints for parking, etc. These then show up as a custom POI on your TomTom. I put all of my PQ caches on my GO720 that way.

I am using a TomTom XL and have managed to export the .0V2 files to the map folder. However, I don't seem to see them on the map while following a route. Is this normal, or could I be doing something wrong? I'd like to be able to follow a route and see the caches while out so that I can cache on the fly.

Thanks!

I am using a TomTom XL and have managed to export the .0V2 files to the map folder. However, I don't seem to see them on the map while following a route. Is this normal, or could I be doing something wrong? I'd like to be able to follow a route and see the caches while out so that I can cache on the fly.

Thanks!

Don't forget that you have to separately enable each POI type for map viewing, including your custom POI. It will appear using the root filename of your *.OV2 file.

Change Preferences

Show POI on Map

=select your custom POI name