Vista C: Reset Completely Back To Factory?

RuckOver

Is there a key sequence, reset pinhole, or option via USB to reset my eTrex Vista C completely back to the state it was in when it came out of the box?

No maps, no tracks, no waypoints, no settings, no satellite, no nothing.

Much like reinstalling a PC every so often, I like knowing that I can always get back to a fresh baseline if I want to start over.

Thanks!

I think you hold down the Page button, the Click Stick, and the Menu button at the same time when you turn the unit on.

I used a similar sequence with my regular Vista.

Hey... Thanks much for the quick response! That sequence looks like it got me about 90% of the way. It looks like it did remove all configurations and stored data. It just didn't remove the MapSource City Select maps. I assume I can strip off those maps and just leave the factory Base Maps?

It just didn't remove the MapSource City Select maps.  I assume I can strip off those maps and just leave the factory Base Maps?

You can replace the MapSource maps with the preloaded Marine POI database that came with the unit. It's available at the upper right on the VistaC firmware download page:

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=579

What will that do to the "Recreational Routable Highway Base Map, Americas v2 2.00"? When I turned on my GPS the first time, that's all I noticed. Is it still there? Did the City Select map just layer over top of it?

Thanks for the reply!

What will that do to the "Recreational Routable Highway Base Map, Americas v2 2.00"? When I turned on my GPS the first time, that's all I noticed. Is it still there? Did the City Select map just layer over top of it?

Yes, nothing gets rid of the basemap and it'll still appear when you zoom out far enough even with CitySelect maps loaded on top of it. The basemap is in a protected part of memory so nothing the user does can erase it.