Girl Scouts

Nushiekitty

Well you could get the Garmin eTreX legend $185 CND durable, waterproof, easy to use, base map, can hold extra maps and links to computer. The eTreX is a great all around GPS and probably the best in your price range. I'm sure you'll get a few other recommendations for different units. I suggest you go to your local retailer and try a few models out to find the best one for your purposes.

You may want to look at the Garmin E-Trex, the yellow model. You can get them at low cost off E-Bay, about $50 to $80, and they are durable. The are able to connect to a PC, its a nice feature to have when you take the girls Geocaching, loading waypoints via computer takes only a few seconds.

I'll second this suggestion. They are the best basic model GPS in my opinion. I would not buy any unit that didn't have PC connectivity.

You may want to look at the Garmin E-Trex, the yellow model. You can get them at low cost off E-Bay, about $50 to $80,  and they are durable. The are able to connect to a PC, its a nice feature to have when you take the girls Geocaching, loading waypoints via computer takes only a few seconds.

I'll second this suggestion. They are the best basic model GPS in my opinion. I would not buy any unit that didn't have PC connectivity.

I will thrid the suggestion... This is the model my fmaily uses. It is simple use and understand. Very durable and the batteries last forever (if you dont use the backlight alot)...

Anyways, my two cents.

Wish geocaching had been around when I was a girl scout. I can add my two cents in support of my Garmin E-Trex. I am the clumsiest person on the planet, I drop small electronics at an alarming rate, trip and send anything in my hands flying, even leave things on the top of my car and drive away-leaving them to survive the parking lot alone all night. My E-Trex has survived a lot of abuse. Poor thing.