Power Producing/generating Stations

The ones I saw on a large scale and very visible were the wind farms springing up all over. (Previous category on 'Windmills' ....'http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=105735)

There are old coal fired generating stations being phased out and being replaced by natural gas in many cases.

Another way of producing electricity is through 'Co-Gen' stations, were the by product is steam to also heat the buidings or factories .

There are dams .... tidal basins....and others that could also be in this category or listed as a sub catogories or type description.

Psst terrorists, aim here.

Sorry, but that is what came to mind. Altho the likelihood of the terrorists using Waymarking is slim, it just doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

Well it's not like they can't already find that information.

Yeah, and they can likely get more accurate coords from satelite imagery than somone's posted waymark.

Getting a little paranoid are we?

There are windmill farms springing up all over and you certainly don't need co-ordinates to locate them :anibad:

The 'Nuclear Stations' in Canada are posted along the highway and signs invite the tourists to come for a visit and there is certainly no need to hide them.

The new grid systems also allow private land owners to sell their power back to the utility, regardless how it is produced...eg..solar--river dams- co-gen. or whatever. I think terrorist attacks is the least of their concern.

So there are a lot of sub-categories too.