Bookmark Comment Notification E-mail

ODragon

Right now, comments and ratings on bookmarks are anonymous (although trackable by Groundspeak, who can investigate examples of abuse through this feature). If there are going to be watchlist-type notices if someone rates a list and leaves a comment, would the notice identify the account holder? The issue is whether anonymous ratings are more likely to encourage honets voting, vs. the cache owner's interest in knowing who is rating their list. I am not sure how I come out on that one. I don't know that I have a burning desire to receive notices, either. There are lots of things I'd rather see first!

First off, I think the bookmarks should have the option of being anonymous but it doesn't have to be that way. I've had at least one person rate it positive and leave their name. I feel options are good. I have no problem with a negative rating even if I don't know who wrote it. The issue below is the real concern...

The reason I want the e-mail is as follows: Someone made a comment on mine about there being an error in one of my comment section as well as a comment that I made a mistake. They didn't leave their name in the comment so I have no idea who it is. I've fixed the error and want to thank them. Additionally, I don't understand their second comment so I can't address it. They made the comment in the beginning of Aug. I just found the comment this month... I have no idea how long the error they pointed out had been there but I would have changed it in a more timely fashion had I known. (Just as an fyi, it was a link to an external page that had changed, so it was correct when I made it initially).

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm a premium member, and can't find where my bookmark lists are going, or where the heck to find other peoples bookmarks or lists! What am I missng here.

I'd love to be able to seach on great (highly-rated) places to stop in X region, or along X freeway. I'm also assuming that this is what bookmarks are good for.

Thx.

-The Seven G's

There aren't a whole lot of them out there since the feature was only made public within the last couple of weeks. However you'll find them on the cache listings where the bookmark list has been made public (and it is obviously on the list). As we move forward the profiles will contain a list of the public lists as well.