Garmin Flate Rate Service

Haffy

I have owned an Garmin Vista for over 2 years now and it has treated me quite well. Only recently has it been displaying the dreaded lines and even cutting out all together but with a little thump it will come back to normalcy but not all the time. I have also been reglueing the rubber around the outside and that seems to lastforfew months before I have to do it all over again. Anyway, I emailed Garmin about these problems and being the age that it is they won't cover it under warranty and want the flat $125.00 for service to repair it. Do you think it would be worth the money or just save up for a new model? I only paid a little over $200 for it on Ebay to begin with. What is everyones thoughts on this? Save my money for a better one or get this one fixed? Thanks for your thoughts. Haffy6

Hmmmmmmm... Tough call! If it were me, I'd continue to use the Vista as is and save up for a VistaC or 60C/S - But that's just me...

...Just my 2¢

I agree with Neo Geo 100%. The newer Garmin units have many improvements with technology marching forward. You will never regret the new investment for a 60 C/S. I've had my Legend for over 5 years and love it, but once I got my 60C I never looked back. I keep my Legend (with the squiggly lines) as a backup and let my kids use it to geocache and learn.

I have the same problem with mine, only tapping don't work any longer; I have to twist it. One of these days, I'm going to break it in half.

GC has option of replacing it altogether if they can't fix it. So, if you sent it in; make sure it can't be repaired :huh: .

Whine to customer support and see if they'll fix it for free. It is a known problem.

And if you don't get satisfaction the first time, try again. If you called on the phone the first time, try sending email. Chances are you'll get different customer service reps - one of 'em should be sympathetic to your plight. Try again in the morning. Try again in the afternoon. Try again on Saturday. Tell 'em you heard it's a common problem with that model (you wouldn't be lying) and politely point out that it seems like a design flaw. The worst that could happen is they'll tell you "no".

Edited by Neo_Geo