E Clampus Vitus Historical Markers

I would like to create a new catagory under the "Places" catagory called "E Clampus Vitus Plaques" I am not a member but I have seen a number of these Plaques at historical sites and/or near where historical events have taken place. There are many chapters of this organizations through out the western United States. These Chapters are active in State, Local, and county Historical Societies and they work with the Bureau of land Management (BLM), and the State Department of Transportation to place plaques at greater and lesser historical sites in the western region.

Since October 1969, one of the local chapters, The Billy Holcomb Chapter has erected and dedicated 109 plaques, including those along parts of the Mojave Road, The Patton Desert Training Center (C.A.M.A.), Route 66, Speed of Light Experiments, various Historical Buildings and Other Edifices, Local Native Sites and Ruins, and other varied and sundry Persons, Places and events of Historical significance. Here is a E Clampus Vitus, Billy Holcolm Chapter link that gives directions to and pictures of many of the Plaques that the Chapter has erected. If you do a search on the web you will find many more chapters in and about the wester United States.

Mahalo and Aloha

Moag Ohana

I think this would be a really cool subcatogory.

Who are they?

Here is a E Clampus Vitus, Billy Holcolm Chapter link that gives directions to and pictures of many of the Plaques that the Chapter has erected. If you do a search on the web you will find many more chapters in and about the wester United States.

It kind of hard to pinpoint who these guys are and what they do but...... If you do a web search you will get some backround on "WHO THEY ARE".

Who are they?

Here is a E Clampus Vitus, Billy Holcolm Chapter link that gives directions to and pictures of many of the Plaques that the Chapter has erected. If you do a search on the web you will find many more chapters in and about the wester United States.

It kind of hard to pinpoint who these guys are and what they do but...... If you do a web search you will get some backround on "WHO THEY ARE".