Artesian Wells

As I understand it Currently they can still sit as a locationless at gc.com but come Jan they will all be archived by GC.com all owners were given the opportunity to become Catagory Managers with there locationless here. As I recall they even had an incentive to do so by the powerss to be. No exception they are going to be archived. They will no longer be on gc.com to log after Jan. I do not remember if it has been discussed if the archived pages with logs will stay. GC.com will only be a site for geocaches that have a log book to find and event caches, Virtuals will be next to move over to Waymarking. Earthcaches can no longer be created on gC.com but I have not heard when the ones on gc.com will be archived. Benchmarks will as I understand it most likely follow suit. However; all finders will not lose any of their logged finds or their treasured icons in their stats. There were several threads saying this sometime ago but I am too tired to search . Several locationless owners have postd notes to this effect on their locationless hides already.

From the Waymarking.com FAQ:

"What happens to all the old locationless caches?

We are inviting all locationless cache owners to transfer their active cache to the new site, provided it fits within the general concept of Waymarking. We're giving a 2 month grace period for locationless cache owners to step up and convert their listings. After that it will be open season at Waymarking.com for these category themes. On January 1st, 2006, we will be archiving all locationless cache listings on Geocaching.com. All previous find logs will be preserved.

What about virtual caches?

No new virtual geocaches will be listed on Geocaching.com, but if there is a suitable category for submitting your location on Waymarking.com, please feel free to submit a new waymark. If you are a Premium Member and no category exists, you can create a new category for posting your waymark. "

Reading this, the Locationless logs will be preserved.

Regards

Andrew