Uk Geocoin Group

Moote

Hello and welcome,

We have started this thread to help and encourage GeoCachers who have an interest in the growing number of GeoCoins which are now becoming available.

Let’s introduce ourselves, we are the UK GeoCoin Club, our aims are as follows:

To keep a watchful eye on new releases of GeoCoins and inform the group of theses releases

To club together to by bulk orders of GeoCoins, lots of the American coins are difficult to purchase as they don't want to sell small quantities to their cousins across the big pond; by pooling our purchasing power we already have secured several orders of difficult to obtain coins

Arrange Event Meets for GeoCoin collectors and other Cachers based on GeoCoins but not limited to the subject.

The club will make is easier for people to trade, swap or display their coins to other GeoCoin collectors

We will mainly be dealing with GC.com trackable coins, but also non-trackable.

We are already gaining the information required to create your own personal GeoCoins and how to approach GC.com on getting coins trackable.

If you would like to join the group feel free to contact us here UK GeoCoins Group

Or visit the club website UK GeoCoin Club

Thanks for you interest come visit back here to see what new coins are due to be released

Milton (aka Moote)

Edited by Moote
Can you divulge some more information.

If I read it right, If we join the group we are agreeing to pay an amount upfront but there is no details on how much etc.

We order coins each member has paid £10 and that goes to buying your coins, as the kitty runs out we request another £10 and that goes to more coins. The reason the money is in the Kitty is so that we can order coins ASAP, otherwise they can be gone in a matter of hours.

It is working very well, we have already secured several recent coins including the Screw GeoCoin was ordered in a reasonable quantity.

We are looking at several hard to obtain coins and have managed to get these and beat the prices that are being paid on eBay for similar. For instance I missed out on the Compass Rose GeoCoin, these were going for over £10 + postage on eBay, I got mine for £7 including postage

Milton (aka Moote)

We originally put up £10 each per coin - so I order 2 coins at a time and my original Sub was £20.

However as each coin is released and ordered we then know what we owe. as far as GC Trackables go we have bought 7 at around £6 including postage

Some of us have bought other personal coins which do not have a specific icon and also some of the crazier ones have bought limited edition coins!

hope it helps

Bob

Until I get around to writing a document on setting up an IRC client on your PC, Hokesters has agreed that I may use the original thread he created for getting into the Geocaching room. I have altered this to reflect the Coin Chat room.

Please when you create a Nickname for the room can you use your Geocaching name to identify yourself.

The instructions may look a little complicated but so long as you follow them carefully it is very easy.

The following link will allow you to get in to StuartP's Geocaching Chat Room without downloading a piece of software - although you will need to have 'Java' installed. (If you have problems loading the web page see the notes on Java below).

www.hokesters.co.uk/IRC/

Click the link above and then bookmark it for future use.

You will have to wait a moment whilst the applet logs on.

When you see 'End of MOTD Command' you are logged on to the server.

*NOTE 1. If you don't get 'End of MOTD Command' and you can see 'GeoGuest Nickname already in use'. This means someone else is logging on. Allow a couple of moments before refreshing the web browser (F5).

When logged on please type the following;

/nick *your cache name* (eg. /nick Moote and press enter.)

*NOTE 2. Your Chat Room Nickname must not contain anything other than alphanumeric characters and no spaces you may use hyphen '-' or underscore '_'.

when you have logged your nickname now type;

/join coinchat

You are now ready to chat - Enjoy!

Java Notes -

You must have Java installed to run this webpage. Java is a small add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox which allows your browser to run small programs within the browser window.

If you do not have Java installed you should be prompted to install it when you first run the chatroom link. If not it could be because of your security settings.

Visit Java Home an click the 'Windows XPI - Download'.

Follow the instructions then try to reload the chat room link. If you are still having problems it could be security settings in your browser.

In Firefox - Tools>>Options>>Web Features - ensure both Enable Java and Enable Javascript are ticked.

In IE - Tools>>Options>>Advanced - ensure Java is enabled.

If you are still having problems it is most likely to be your firewall settings. At this point you need to contact the manufacturer/supplier/administrator of the firewall.

Of course if you are IRC savvy and have a stand-alone IRC client (such as mIrc or IceChat) you can follow these settings;

IRC Server: greed.uk.nixhelp.org

Server Port: 6667

Channel: #geocaching

We look forward to seeing you in there.

Thanks to Hokesters for the original content

Edited by Moote
The club now has a website, this can be found in following location

UK GeoCoin Group

Milton (aka Moote)

Going by the flags you have displayed you have named your site wrongly, surely it should say The English Geocoin Group, as the St. George's flag only represents England, not the UK! :ph34r::)

Apologies about that, I will ask the site author to change the image to the Union Flag, as soon as I can contact them.

Milton (aka Moote)

Thankyou for changing it to geocoins, in my opinion the Union Flag represents the United Kingdom, but I accept that others will think differently.

I'm sorry Simon for bringing This Old Chestnut Up Again I presume you are English, and therefore won't realise that most people in the other 3 countries that make up the UK still feel that England still think they are the top dogs, when in reality they are our equals.

In my view the UK being refered to as England and the St. George flag being flown under the name of the UK is a racial insult. Something that you may not have realised because we are all British, and don't originate from a country outside of the UK. But despite us being British we are 4 different races, with 4 slightly different cultures.

As for the actual concept of the Geocoin site, it is a good idea, one which at the moment I won't be taking part in, but this is because I don't want all Geocoins that are out there, but a great idea for those that do.

I'm sorry Simon for bringing This Old Chestnut Up Again I presume you are English, and therefore won't realise that most people in the other 3 countries that make up the UK still feel that England still think they are the top dogs, when in reality they are our equals.

Woah there HH. :D You correctly surmise that I am English and proud of it but "the old chestnut" may very well have be misconstrued.

I meant the old chestnut as someone making UKGeoCoin's mistake.

When developing the UK GeoCoin we were quite roundly informed that there are 5 countries to consider although the Cornish sometimes also like to be separated out too. We worked very hard to ensure that people were satisfied with our portrayal and still some folks were put out.

However it is also frustrating for the volunteer who is just attempting to help others out when someone (correctly as it happens) point out that they have made a mistake whatever it may be.

Which is why I suggested not using solely the Union Jack but also to include the separate countries flags. I hope that makes sense.

Woah there HH.  :D  You correctly surmise that I am English and proud of it but "the old chestnut" may very well have be misconstrued.

It was very much misconstrued, even looking back at the comment it still looks as though it was a go at my statement. Although now that you have explained what you meant, I realise that you didn't mean any offence. :D

Getting back to the original intent of this pinned topic, :rolleyes:

The web page is open to all but obviously the club members have first grabs on the coins ordered and anything else is first come first served.

If you want a coin check the web site to see if any are available but remember this is not a store only a place where cachers in the UK may be be able to obtain geocoins without the yank influence (those that know me say no more).

The way the coins are currently coming out it is hard to keep up with them but it is the best site for Uk cachers for geocoins.

Going by the flags you have displayed you have named your site wrongly, surely it should say The English Geocoin Group, as the St. George's flag only represents England, not the UK! ;)  :)

Your new coins look great by the way, nice to see that the English one is called The English Geocoin Group.

I must have been having a premonition or something like that?

Hi guys,

i have a look for at Team Bagder coin.

Everybody have one left for me in a trade for a other coin, so let me know.

My Coin Trade List:

* Maryland

* Ohio

* New Jersey

* Tennessee

* Michigan

* New Mexico

* Christmas 2005 ( Killted Cacher Prefix HC???? )

* UK- Coin 2005

* Mount Mc Kinnley Bronze

* Pennsylvania Bronze

* Iowa

* Compassrose Coin

* New York

* Coin A Hand

* New Jersey

* EU-Coins

* New Mexico

* Big Bear, CA coin

* 2006 Georgia Stone Mountain Geocoin

* San Francisco Geocoin 2005

* Screw Geocoins

* Cachehunters42 Personal Trackable

* Minz Coin Bronze

* Aerohound coin

Traveling Viking

Wildwood Bob and the Mouse

UTAH 2005

Texas Forth Worth 2005

SON OF CYCLOPS

Fire Elemental Silver

Fire Elemental Bronze

contact me via PM

thanks darth_maul_3

Hi,

everybody have a

English Geocoin

English Geocoin - Limited Edition

http://www.geocoinstore.com/images/coins/e...rough_side1.jpg

http://www.geocoinstore.com/images/coins/e...rough_side2.jpg

for trade for other coins:

Coin Trade List:

* Maryland

* Ohio

* New Jersey

* Tennessee

* Michigan

* New Mexico

* Christmas 2005 ( Killted Cacher Prefix HC???? )

* UK- Coin 2005

* Mount Mc Kinley Bronze

* Pennsylvania Bronze

* Iowa

* Compassrose Coin

* New York

* Coin A Hand

* New Jersey

* EU-Coins

* New Mexico

* Big Bear, CA coin

* 2006 Georgia Stone Mountain Geocoin

* San Francisco Geocoin 2005

* Screw Geocoins

* Cachehunters42 Personal Trackable

* Minz Coin Bronze

* Aerohound coin

* Gypsy Geocoin

* Dutch Geocoin

Traveling Viking

Wildwood Bob and the Mouse

UTAH 2005

Texas Forth Worth 2005

SON OF CYCLOPS

Fire Elemental Silver

Fire Elemental Bronze

please PM

thnaks Roland aka darth_maul_3

The Isle of Man Geocoin has now been launched!

On-Grass-Med.jpg

I've given the Manx geocachers first dibs at this one: unfortunately for the rest of the world it's been extremely popular so there weren't many left after the weekend (despite restricting sales to only two per team). I'm hanging on to a small number: these will be released later on.

The UK Coin Club does have a few, however...and a second edition is being planned. :grin:

More details;

here.

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Hello,

following coins are in my hand for trade:

- China LE

- Not another Micro LE camo

- Not another Micro LE black

- Not another Micro LE black (antik gold )

- Cat Coin LE GOLD

- Bad Andy

- Grand Canyon National Park

- Tennessee Micro Coin

- FINLAND

- Aerohound

- World of Geocaching #1

- Nielsenc Caching Around the World

- Nielsenc Thanksgiving

- Nielsenc Happy Christmas

regards from Germany Karsten-Max

Edited by Maxilainen

SALE UPDATE

The UK Geocoin Group buys coins in bulk, We presently have a selection of coins for sale, rather than E Bay them, we will sell to friends at cost as follows

Aerohound £5.20

Back Brake Billy £6.50

Caching around the World £5.00

Canine Cachers Edition 2 £4.25

Celtic Cross Edition 1 £6.00

Colombia £5.10

Connecticut Gold £6.05

Connecticut Silver £6.05

Connecticut Bronze £6.05

Delaware £5.40

East Tennessee Micro £3.50

Geocachers Of Western Tennessee GOWT £4.00

Georgia Stone Mountain £5.25

Grand Canyon £5.40

Groundhog Day £6.15

I Love Geocoins £4.75

Kansas £5.25

Made in China silver £3.50

Made in China Gold £3.50

Maine £5.00

Nevada £5.25

North Carolina £6.70

Northwest Pennsylvania £5.75

Rowan F GYPSY £4.95

San Francisco £5.00

The Maritimes £6.80

Wisconsin £4.50

World of Geocaching 1 £6.70

World of Geocaching 2 £6.70

Plus actual cost of shipping

we will make them available by E Mail time if there are more buyers than we have sellers

If you are interested please contact me on SaltneyAngel (AT )Aol (DOT) com

Don't know as a Yank that I'm even so welcome here. (I can recite most of "Lock, Stock" and "Snatch" by heart - won me points with the good UK Army guys in Baghdad!!)

However, I was lucky enough to get an extra Isle of Man coin on that sale last night, and would be happy to trade for a UK coin if anyone is interested... :D

Don't know as a Yank that I'm even so welcome here. (I can recite most of "Lock, Stock" and "Snatch" by heart - won me points with the good UK Army guys in Baghdad!!)

However, I was lucky enough to get an extra Isle of Man coin on that sale last night, and would be happy to trade for a UK coin if anyone is interested... :laughing:

I'd say you were welcome - e-mail sent :lol:

However, I was lucky enough to get an extra Isle of Man coin on that sale last night, and would be happy to trade for a UK coin if anyone is interested... :o

I'd say you were welcome - e-mail sent :laughing:

You TART Kitty Hawk!!

Think we should chop you up and feed you to the f___ pigs?! :lol: