Another Memory Map Question...

Whenever I double-click on a cache icon on memory map it always connects to the geocaching.com page. Is there a way so that I can set it to open cache pages in an off-line browser (like in GSAK) without altering each one individually? This would be especially helpful on the PDA when out and about.

I expect there is probably an export option on GSAK somehwere for this but I can't find it. Any ideas?

If you open the xsl file and find the line:

<xsl:value-of select="gpx:url"/>

and replace it with:

<xsl:text>\Storage Card\Cache\</xsl:text>

<xsl:number/>

<xsl:text>.htm</xsl:text>

What this does is alter the file that memory map opens on a double tap. The xsl:number gives each cache a unique (for that export) number.

You can check this by opening the properties of a cache in MM, it should read \Storage Card\Cache\10.htm or some other number.

Note the first line that you have entered has the path for the html files "\Storage Card\cache\" so if you use another folder, please change accordingly.

When you export from GSAK to memory map, you also need to export the cache pages using the export html option, this will create a numbered set of cache pages, the numbers will tie in with the xsl:number automatically.

Copy these pages to your PPC into the folder you have set in the xsl file.

Double tap to you hearts content ;) .

The next stage is to write a program soon that extracts the page from the gpx file, as that is on the PPC for use in GPXSonar.

My apologies to Martyn for not getting this to him sooner. It was only while typing this that I remembered that I promised him this at the Shropshire event - so sorry mate, better late than never.

I will now watch this thread to see if it works for you.

Working on it now.... I'll have to try to sort me out a macro to do all of this automatically. I assume I still have to send the icons to the PDA using the "Export data to PDA" option? or is there a shortcut I can use to send the file straight to the PDA?

Thanks for this, should be useful! Wouldn't it be cool if it could open the GPXSonar page (with spoilersync images) directly though ;o)

&decrypt=y&pf=n&log=y' immediatley after each .htm filename

Sorry, remove line :

<xsl:text>&decrypt=y&pf=n&log=y</xsl:text>

from the xsl file, should work then

Andy

I cant find this line in the csv.xsl file but still getting the error, any ideas? or am I looking at the wrong file?

Milton

I cant find this line in the csv.xsl file but still getting the error, any ideas? or am I looking at the wrong file?

There is a block:

<xsl:value-of select="gpx:url"/>

<!-- extra flags: edit y to n if not required -->

<xsl:text>&decrypt=y&pf=n&log=y</xsl:text>

Just rip it out and put my bit in:

<xsl:text>\Storage Card\Cache\</xsl:text>

<xsl:number/>

<xsl:text>.htm</xsl:text>

If you cant see any of this, you must be in the wrong file.

Now how come I missed that I do not know  <_<

Cheers all working, looking at doing spoiler sync integration as we speak  ;)

Oh news on this front, after a discussion with Rutson about this and where I was up to He said "STOP, you are already able to do this with the GSAK SpoilerSync macro, and the GSAK HTML Export"

• So off I went set up a query in GSAK

• Run the RoolKu's (The Royals amended version) export script

• Exported that to a GPX file

• Ran SpoilerSync against the GPX export

• Ran the GSAK SpoilerSync macro

• Ran GSAK HTML export

• Got all the various bits and pieces in there respective positions on the PDA

BANG, spoilers on the PDA attached into the HTML which is accessible for the Roolku Memory Map icons

Cool and cheers to all that made this possible.

Sorry I posted late though I have been trialing it for the last 2 months and it works well. Now all I need to do is fire it off in a single GSAK macro

Moote

Edited by Moote

GSAK and SS can both be run from the command line.

From GSAK help:

To run a macro when starting GSAK from the command line:

GSAK /run "c:\some folder\commands.txt"

The '-a' flag will make spoilersync run automatically.

GSAK can also run external programs from a macro:

RUNPGM <pgm="ProgramName.exe" [<parms=Parameters>] [<Wait=No|Yes>]

Run any external program

Pgm = The program name to execute. The file name must be full qualified (For example, "c:\program files\MyProgram.exe")

Parms = Any parameters to pass to the program before running it. The Parms= gets special treatment in the macro language. Anything after the Parms= is passed verbatim as parameters to the program being called. If the parameters to your program require quotes, then be sure to include these. However, if your program does not require double quotes for the parameter(s) then do not use double quotes here as your program may produce unexpected results.

Wait = No (the default) continues on to the next line in the macro regardless if the program has terminated. Yes tells GSAK to wait until the program has terminated before running the  next macro command.

I think some sense is called for here, theres bits of script spread between 3-4 different threads doing 2 or three different things

can anyone see how this could be confusing

wouldn't be as bad if there was a archive for a script for just memory map and another for PDA's with clear doicumentation for use of each

as it is at the moment you could end up exporting where Kippers are made in birmingham at the moment

Edited by lost it

Hello All

Can anyone give us the comprehensive way of putting mm maps onto the pda, with icon overlays which link up (when clicked) to the relevant cache pages. And try and do it in a way that someone who is a borderline ADD sufferer will be able to digest!

Im of course not asking because I cant get it to work...ahem.. no im of course asking on behalf of a friend...ahem! :D

Cheers

House Of Boo

Hello All

Can anyone give us the comprehensive way of putting mm maps onto the pda, with icon overlays which link up (when clicked) to the relevant cache pages. And try and do it in a way that someone who is a borderline ADD sufferer will be able to digest!

Im of course not asking because I cant get it to work...ahem.. no im of course asking on behalf of a friend...ahem! :D

Cheers

House Of Boo

HoB

Sent email to your profile, re the above. Happy to help.

Moote