Displaying Coins

zombie tribe

I saw this on these forums somewhere, but don't remember who to give credit to...

I use a 3 ring binder with trading card pages, cut a circle out of craft foam to fit the coin and insert piece of foam with coin into the page pocket, works great for me, although it is getting quite heavy!!

Mine haven't gone to an event yet. The keepers are housed in a binder with pocket pages. I took each coin (at least those small enough to fit in a 2 1/2" crown holder that coin collecters use (since we had htem here due to our collections of US Mint and Foriegn coins). Some of the bigger ones (North Dakota and others) I left in their plastic sleve and slid the sleeve in the pocket of the page. So far they fit in one binder with states/groups in the back and personals in the front.

Any new ideas?

I'd like to find a coin page that held the coin and had a place to put a page or card with information about the coin. That way I could keep track of who minted the coin (most important to me) as well as when, where, activation information, websites, etc.

Anyone ever seen such a thing?

drexotic

Any new ideas?

I'd like to find a coin page that held the coin and had a place to put a page or card with information about the coin. That way I could keep track of who minted the coin (most important to me) as well as when, where, activation information, websites, etc.

Exact this is what we need.....

Coin Information:

• Release date
  • Minter
  • Quantity
  • Limited Editions
  • Website
  • Activation

Right now mine are in 3, 3-ring binders.

1 for personal coins

1 for state/regional/event coins

1 for GC trackable coins

I did build a rack to display them on the wall but it's gotten to the point I have way to many to display that way now.

If anyone is interested I'll trade 1 assembled rack and 2 un-assembled for a moun10bike V2 :D

Heck I'll even throw in a few coins as well....

Anyone.....Anyone... :D

I have my non-trackables in a 3 ring zippered binder and then my trackables in another 3 ring zippered binder. I use these Pages and then for extra security I tape each row shut with clear tape, and you can't see the tape. For larger coins I use these Pages. I will soon be moving to yet another 3 ring binder just for personals.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
I have my non-trackables in a 3 ring zippered binder and then my trackables in another 3 ring zippered binder. I use these Pages and then for extra security I tape each row shut with clear tape, and you can't see the tape. For larger coins I use these Pages. I will soon be moving to yet another 3 ring binder just for personals.

Thought we could not use or list E*** in the forums.

I bought those and to be honest I wasn't to impressed.

The pages are thin and the coins don't like to stay in.

As a collector of U.S coins I don't like the idea of using tape, to many chemicals near the coins can tarnish them.

I ended up buying 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 (crown size) cardboard flips from a local dealer.

The pages I bought hold 12 coins per page and are stronger.

I have my non-trackables in a 3 ring zippered binder and then my trackables in another 3 ring zippered binder.  I use these Pages and then for extra security I tape each row shut with clear tape, and you can't see the tape.  For larger coins I use these Pages. I will soon be moving to yet another 3 ring binder just for personals.

I bought those and to be honest I wasn't to impressed.

The pages are thin and the coins don't like to stay in.

As a collector of U.S coins I don't like the idea of using tape, to many chemicals near the coins can tarnish them.

I ended up buying 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 (crown size) cardboard flips from a local dealer.

The pages I bought hold 12 coins per page and are stronger.

Right now it's just a temp deal until I can find something better, I don't handle my coins much once they are put in. The tape I use is scrapbook and safe and it never touches the coin. I took my collection to a event once and the kids there started looking at my collection (which drove me crazy because I don't like my own kids touching my things) and coins were all over the place before I knew it. So for now I use the tape AND childeren are not allowed to look unless their parents are helping.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys