Geocacher On Jeopardy Tv Show

sawdust

Today's returning champion on Jeopardy was a Geocacher. His name was Rich. I did not catch where he was from. He gave a very brief but good description about Geocaching. He did not win again today, too bad! Does anyone know who he might be? and/or his geocaching nickname? Sawdust92

Edited by sawdust92
Today's returning champion on Jeopardy was a Geocacher. His name was Rich. I did not catch where he was from. He gave a very brief but good description about Geocaching. He did not win again today, too bad! Does anyone know who he might be? and/or his geocaching nickname? Sawdust92

Hey!!!! thanks for not posting a spoiler notice about him not winning, cause it is 7:32pm eastern time and it is just now came on...Does anyone else think Rich Way looks like the good Doctor. from the old Mega Man games??

Our 10 year old just informed us that he was on, and jumped online to post about it...alas...we were beaten.  I also wonder what his caching handle is!

You do not know your own kids caching handle!!!! :blink: Shame on you.

:blink: j/k

LOL...

Let me clear that up,

Our 10 year old daughter just informed us that she SAW a geocacher on Jeopardy. We didn't see it, but SHE (our daughter) told us what he said, and pointed out which man it was.

Wow! You guys are amazing detectives!!

Yes, you figured it out!

Unfortunately, they made it abundantly clear that I could not mention the name of any company or website (even including the name of my employer) or wear any type of logo apparel or pin, so all I was able to do was mention "geocaching" and "website" in close proximity to one another. A quick visit to Google should point interested newbies in the right direction, though :)

That FJ was tough! Interesting that a Canadian was the only one to come up with the right answer. I suppose it makes sense, given that he would likely be more familiar with UK prime ministers, though I'd think it might have been made up for by being likely LESS familiar with US Presidents - although the President in question was hardly obscure ("Wilson").

-Rich Way

Wow! You guys are amazing detectives!!

Yes, you figured it out!

Unfortunately, they made it abundantly clear that I could not mention the name of any company or website (even including the name of my employer) or wear any type of logo apparel or pin, so all I was able to do was mention "geocaching" and "website" in close proximity to one another. A quick visit to Google should point interested newbies in the right direction, though :)

That FJ was tough! Interesting that a Canadian was the only one to come up with the right answer. I suppose it makes sense, given that he would likely be more familiar with UK prime ministers, though I'd think it might have been made up for by being likely LESS familiar with US Presidents - although the President in question was hardly obscure ("Wilson").

-Rich Way

Congrats!

I was once on "Win Ben Stein's Money" (tied Ben at the end) , but since that predates my geocaching involvement, it's not nearly as cool. :)

Wow!  You guys are amazing detectives!!

Yes, you figured it out!

Unfortunately, they made it abundantly clear that I could not mention the name of any company or website (even including the name of my employer) or wear any type of logo apparel or pin, so all I was able to do was mention "geocaching" and "website" in close proximity to one another.  A quick visit to Google should point interested newbies in the right direction, though  :)

That FJ was tough!  Interesting that a Canadian was the only one to come up with the right answer.  I suppose it makes sense, given that he would likely be more familiar with UK prime ministers, though I'd think it might have been made up for by being likely LESS familiar with US Presidents - although the President in question was hardly obscure ("Wilson").

-Rich Way

Congrats!

I was once on "Win Ben Stein's Money" (tied Ben at the end) , but since that predates my geocaching involvement, it's not nearly as cool. :)

I beg to differ. ANYONE who can hang toe to toe with Ben Stein is wayyyy cool.

Man, I miss WBSM. That was the last time Jimmy Kimmel was funny. :)

The week I taped WBSM was Jimmy Kimmel's last week. The staff was a little shellshocked since he apparently just dropped the decision on them like a bomb. Nevertheless, he was a cool guy. Both he and Ben were very cool.

Enough about WBSM anyway, back to the Jeopardy! props.

Hmm.....So I do get coolness points for BEATING Ben Stein  (at least a few more than my big bro who just TIED him? )  [:lol:]

--TT--

(pre-geocaching game show geek)

YES. Yes you do. :lol:B)B)B)B)

Let's try "Up To My Butt In Mud" for 1000, Alex!

Clothahump? Sounds like you made an attempt at Row vs. Wade this weekend. Or was it Banjo Music aka Why is Daddy Crying? :):)

Edited by Snoogans

Rich... you did a great job.

Although, it was funny for us.

When they announced the other guy, we went "Yeah, go Canada" since we are Canadian.

Then they interview you.... and you end up being a Geocacher

Grrrr, how do I decide who to root for? Canadian or Geocacher.????? Well, being Canadian I ended up not taking sides (go figure)

I thought your Geocache description was great. Got all the good points, smooth, and didn't come off weird.

Excellent promotion, you really did a great job for Geocaching !

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

edit: I apparently entered a naughty word, and I can't accept "dadgum" being in my post.

Edited by The Blue Quasar