Geocaching Celebs?

gas4cache

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it...but here goes.

With the mention of the Geocaching Jeapordy star, I got to wondering.

Is there anyone here, (and you don't have to say who you are, just acknowledge) That is a High Profile figure? Singer, actor, actress, politician, etc. Somebody that the majority of us would know if we heard your name.

No a legend in your own mind doesn't count. :rolleyes:

I'm counting on peoples honesty.

Ron

Just a lowly gas truck driver from SC.

I wonder if any of these "famous" people post in the forums???

JollyBGood is a sometime forum contributor and I hear he is a semi famous cartoonist. I'm not familiar with his work but many people seem to be.

One long time, but currently inactive geocacher is a regular on The Late Show with David Letterman.

Also the megastar, Wink Martindale is a geocacher and contributor to these forums. He goes under the name Snoogans

Wil Wheaton has/had his OWN geocaching forum on his personal website. It's a really neat website BTW.

Wil Wheaton Dot Net

I can't seem to find the forums this morning, but I haven't visited there in quite some time.... :D Maybe he canned 'em.

He mentions geocaching sometimes in his infrequent blogs.

He scr*wed up his database a few months ago there a link to his new blog on the front page till he sorts it out.

Its his fault i found out about geocaching.

His login name is grounsdkeeper willy i think, founder member to.

Who cares if they do or not? Their opinions hold no more weight than anyone else in the forums.

True. I just think it's interesting, I could care less about celebrities opinions and personal lives, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like anyone else. (And if they don't their just weird. :D )

You mean you don't know who I am?

:P

Well, you're no Ken Jennings. B)

But a Cryptologic Technician? Maybe you can solve this one that has been driving me nuts for months! Matryoshka GCJA57 Can you say enigma?

This is him RichAromas

And he posted a comment in: "Geocacher On Jeopardy Tv Show"

And this video clip: GeoJeopardy :blink:

Edited by Texas-Jacksons
Elin Carlson is a fantastic opera singer that caches.  She is  EMC of Northridge, CA and is fourth in the world.

She is also a genuine down to earth cacher. I guided her on my night cache. I also stumped her on one of of my good camo caches http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...aa-1b944468b126 She had to call me for a lifeline. :blink:

Now her is another "famous cacher" PoisonDrummer

Edited by Kit Fox