Cat Geocoin Coming Soon

Fundamental

catcoin.JPG

This coin will be geocaching.com trackable and will have it's own icon. The pre-orders will start 28th of december at 15.00 GMT

There will be three different versions of this coin:

Polished Nickel 9$

Gold (limited edition 200) 11$ max five per person

Black Nickel (limited edition 100) 14$ max two per person

I will post the shipping costs later. More information later.

Edited by Fundamental and Venlis
It's not too late to change plans but I just don't know how to make it simple.. this is my first coin and I'd like to make everything as simply as possible.

Seriously, send nielsenc an email. He is already doing something similar with the German geocoins, so should know how to do it smoothly.

--Marky

Edited by Marky

I would then suggest you work with one of the coin distributor sites, as already posted. yes, they will charge you something, maybe even $1/coin, but would still make it less than what you would need to charge yourself. plus they would be able to handle all the ordering, packing and shipping for you.

thecachingplace, geoswag, usageocoins may be other options as well.

We want any European coin there is, but this price is a bit high...

Where do we order this coins? In this treat or a new one or ...

Any news on the Official Finnish Coins?

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :lol:

There will be new thred.. The pre-orders for Finnish coin should start in couple of days.

So the prices listed, is that without shipping :lol: ??? You said that shipping would be quite a bit because they are coming from Finland. How much more can we expect to pay for the coin? I hope you can work something out with a distributor, this very well could be the most expensive coin yet :D .

I'd highly suggest having them shipped to a US distributor who will charge a smaller fee to package and mail them for you.

You might chech out www.geocoinstore.com, Sissy& CR, www.thecachingplace.com, and www.oakcoins.com just ot name a few.

You could either have all coins sent to them and then have them ship your to you or you might be able to have the manufacture split the shipment and send it to two locations up front.

OK let's see.. if I cut the 22% away the coin price would be around 8$ + 1$ for guy or organization who is willing to do the shipping and handling.. 1$ safe is not that much.

What comes to shipping charces we european cachers pay everytime those. Everytime I order one coin I have to pay 5$ for shipping. There is no-one ever wanting to distribution for europe. Some of the state coins are not even awailable for us to order! I think now is time europeans pay less for shipping. The shipping cost to USA for one coin will be around 3,5$ (I'll get back on that tomorrow).

I'm sorry if this sounds rude. If you find the coin too expensive I hope you can still trade it with someone. Doing all this by myself makes me feel that this actually is my geocoin.

Passing.

At $13 dollars a coin for the lowest one that is way too expensive.

if the USA coins are costing the folks oversees that much, I suggest that you/they stop ordering as well.

Pricing on these is getting WAY out of hand.

You can get a LOT of coin (details, etc.) for a low price so there is no need to be charging extremely high rates.

I'm interested in one of each but not sure I would pay $37 +shipping for a set of 3 coins that would be considerably cheaper if not shipped ot Finland just to be reshipped to the US.

And this comment is not so much to you but a general comment..........I don't understand why people charge $5 more for the LE when it costs the same amount to make per coin as the the other versions. Someday us addicts will come to our senses and refuse to pay soi much extra for an LE.

Not sure who you are having mint these but have you checked with Coinsandpins.com? They don't charge extra for custom shapes.

And this comment is not so much to you but a general comment..........I don't understand why people charge $5 more for the LE when it costs the same amount to make per coin as the the other versions. Someday us addicts will come to our senses and refuse to pay soi much extra for an LE.

Not to take the thread off-topic, but I'm waiting for this very day.

As soon as the avid collectors start excersizing thier power as a consumer and NOT buying everything regardless of the price, we will see a change in the prices for sure.

The problem is that some will buy everything (and complain about it) because they are afraid of not having a complete collection, thus reinforcing the behavior and cost (sigh).

Back on topic: I do like the design. We were thinking of doing a paw print shape for the 3rd Edition of the Canine Coin but haven't decided yet. I kid of want them to stay similar in design so the set matches.

I'm fine with the price for one of the antique silvers. Unfortunately we are going to be on vacation when they go on sale. If someone would be willing to order one for me please contact me and we'll make arrangements.

jane%20sleepy%20bw.jpg

This is our Jane. We had her for 17 years and just had to have her put to sleep this past spring.

These look really cool... We have a black cat which ran away from us when we moved from Washington to California. About four months later, living in a different apartment (same complext) who shows up but our cat!

As for shipping, yes, it does cost extra. For small International Priority Mail, which some say isnt much faster than Air Mail, does cost $5.00 and $9.00.

nielsenc

Hi Fundamental and Venlis,

first i will say i like this GeoCat...specially this grey-blue color...Pms 5425! :lol:

I think $10 is for the most collectors the upper limit.

But you are right, for us European shipping take a big part of the total costs.

Here in Germany i must pay for shipping to the USA:

1coin - 3€

2-3coin - 4€

over 3 coins - 7€ :lol:

Yes, the eyes must look great. Will you also trade for other personal coins that are trackable and have their own icon or are you just purchasing them?

I'm sorry to tell but I don't collect coins.. I only buy or trade those which are trackable at gc.com and have own icon and place them in caches. So I'm gonna trade some of those that I'm seeking (you can see the list in my signature).

Yes, the eyes must look great. Will you also trade for other personal coins that are trackable and have their own icon or are you just purchasing them?

I'm sorry to tell but I don't collect coins.. I only buy or trade those which are trackable at gc.com and have own icon and place them in caches. So I'm gonna trade some of those that I'm seeking (you can see the list in my signature).

Okay, fair enough. Even though I was thinking of trading a coin that can't be on your list yet I might just try then to purchase one on the 28th... :lol: