Travel Bug's I've Handled

trainlove

I think it would be a good idea to have checkmarks show up on listiings of travel bugs for the bugs that a logged in person has handled.

for example if I look at a persons profile and look at the bugs he owns, I do not see a checkmark next to any of his bugs that I have handled. This is an important feature since some bugs have stupid names like (USA geocoin) and I have handled 5 of those, but in order to know if a particular one had been handled by me i have to search it's log. And when it comes to TB's themselves, I have handled so many that I would have to make a list of their owners so that when I'm at an event and meet someone, I can say that I had handled one of their bugs.

It was only after an event that I had checked my own profileof TB's and geocoins and made a list of their owners and have discovered that I have met many of them at events.

I do make such a list of CACHE owners, but only for those owners that I have visited two or more of their caches. Being a small world, fully 110 of the 200 caches that I have visited were owned by only a total of 32 people., the remaining 90 caches were either one hit wonders or I have yet to visit another of their caches.

I assume you mean that you want something for their TBs similar to the list of their caches, where a check mark shows up next to their caches that you've logged? While I personally don't see it as being nearly as useful for TBs as for caches, it's an interesting idea and I wouldn't think it would be very hard to implement.

Another 'useful' thing that might be added if they decide to add this capability is to also have a checkmark next to the cache that a bug is n if the logged in person has visited that cache.

I.e. If looking at a history of travel bugs that are in cache xyz, a few have been handled by me so there should be a checkmark next to the TB name. A few others are in the hands of other cachers right now. A few more are in geocaches that I have been to so there should be a checkmark next to those cache names. And the rest are in geocaches that I have not visited so no checkmark. I know that this is nit picking but when I have handled several hundred TB's and met many geocachers it might be nice to check out just how small a world this is and see if any of them have handled TB's that I have had.

For example, recently at a local library, I ran into a cacher I knew and he mentioned that at a recent event we both attended he picked up a Yellow Jeep 4x4. I said that I knew someone who needs to log one of those but the guy who picked it up already placed it in a cache of that other guy since he also knew that it was sought for by him. Real small world huh.