City Select That Comes With Gps18usb?

I saw a local store that had a GPS18 for less than $100, it includes a full version of City Select. I am wondering if I could use that version of City Select to load maps to my Legend C instead of using it with the USB device it comes with? It seems like that is a great price for City Select by itself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Kevin

Thanks for the help. It worked. It took me a while to figure out how to authorize the legend C as the second device but now it is all working. I am now uploading maps to the Legend C.

I am a Macintosh user, so the GPS18USB is kind of useless for me now, hopefully I will be able to use it with my Mac in the future because the only PC I have is a desktop. But I got the City Select for $99 which is cheaper than anywhere else I have found it. I know not to hold my breath waiting for Mac support from Garmin, unfortunately.

Maybe I will have to buy a cheap used notebook PC to be able to use the GPS18 on trips and such...then again, maybe not.

I did get version 6.02 of City Select, so I already ordered the update DVD from Garmin.

Thanks to everyone! Happy New Year!

take care,

Kevin

Edited by stlmacgeek
Thanks for the help. It worked. It took me a while to figure out how to authorize the legend C as the second device but now it is all working. I am now uploading maps to the Legend C.

I am a Macintosh user, so the GPS18USB is kind of useless for me now, hopefully I will be able to use it with my Mac in the future because the only PC I have is a desktop. But I got the City Select for $99 which is cheaper than anywhere else I have found it. I know not to hold my breath waiting for Mac support from Garmin, unfortunately.

Maybe I will have to buy a cheap used notebook PC to be able to use the GPS18 on trips and such...then again, maybe not.

I did get version 6.02 of City Select, so I already ordered the update DVD from Garmin.

Thanks to everyone! Happy New Year!

take care,

Kevin

I did the exact same thing - got the GPS18 with CS v6 and just received my CS v7 update. The update unlocked just find and I've got it on my Legend C with no issues. Definately the way to go!!