Moun10bike Coin Anyone?

MarcusArelius

Good luck on you who ever gets its first. Defender1 and myself was the last two geocachers to find a M10B coin in the snow under avalanche conditions earlier this year. One guy a week before us even fell waist high into the snow only 30 feet away from the coin and turned back, probably becasue he could not physically make it or because of extreme sub zero weather conditions, I don't know. My buddies "check engine light" came on when we was close to the top of the peak and almost quit. This should be a adventurous hike.

Edited by Cav Scout
Sorry to see this. It's one thing to sell a state/org coin, etc. but I can't imagine selling a personal coin (that wasn't my own - which I don't have).

In any case, I guess we'll never know if it is, eh?

You mean I could have made $130 bucks off it? Maybe I should go back up there.

Just kidding Jon!

It looks as if this one was a gift, as long as the seller stated the serial correctly. I will withhold judgment not knowing the circumstances.

But it will be interesting to see who buys it.

Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe what people could do, if they really need the money and absolutely have to sell off their coins in the forbidden zone, for reasons of health or whatever, anyone having one of the special coins could post here and say that they want to trade for so many coins. I'm sure they would find someone willing to make a trade. Those coins could then be sold off instead of a Moun10bike or Indy Diver, etc...

Looking at the price of the coins being sold, the person would probably go and get as much money with the rest of the coins as they would with that one coin, and at the same time, would not get everyone's dander going. Just a thought....

You mean Moun10bike coins actually do travel from cache to cache?

Sure, I found one as a FTF price right next to Safeco Field in urban Seattle a couple years ago. Lets just say I might have broken a 'few' traffic laws blowing out of work in the middle of the day for that puppy.... ;)

Actually, I think Jon should start e-mailling e*ay and shutting those down, since they are Jon's property and others don't have permission to sell them. (Unless they ask for Jon's permission first, that is.)

--Marky

possesion is 9 tenths of the law. What if that person traded Jon for the coin. Then it is thiers regardless of wether or not it is activated on GC.com in moun10bike's name. Jon would have to prove that coin was his property to get Ebay to shut it down. The would be a tall burden of proof. Don't get me wrong I don't like seeing activated coins sold on ebay. But I am confident that moun10bike could not shut down that auction if he wanted to.

The coin up for auction is one that I traded for the seller's personal coin.

By the way, I usually avoid claiming ownership of my coins. I will sometimes suggest what people do with them if they are leaning toward actions that I feel are unethical (or at least impolite), but I try not to act like the owner in these instances.

By the way, I usually avoid claiming ownership of my coins.  I will sometimes suggest what people do with them if they are leaning toward actions that I feel are unethical (or at least impolite), but I try not to act like the owner in these instances.

One has to wonder why the bidders haven't tried (or tried harder) to arrange a trade with Moun10Bike directly...

I know why one of the early bidders hasn't ;)

Sorry - maybe that last statement should have been reserved for the Drama thread ;)

Edited by pdxmarathonman

By the way, I usually avoid claiming ownership of my coins.  I will sometimes suggest what people do with them if they are leaning toward actions that I feel are unethical (or at least impolite), but I try not to act like the owner in these instances.

One has to wonder why the bidders haven't tried (or tried harder) to arrange a trade with Moun10Bike directly...

I know why one of the early bidders hasn't :lol:

Sorry - maybe that last statement should have been reserved for the Drama thread B)

LOL! I think we need to start a "Comedy Gold" thread for that one. B) The saying "what goes around comes around" comes to mind.

I know why one of the early bidders hasn't :lol:

Ha ha! I had to look more closely to see which account you meant. Interestingly enough, that person already picked one of my v.3s via a trade with another cacher. I guess I'll be rethinking the idea of trading more than 1 coin to any one individual in the future! B)

(On another note, why would someone who repeatedly confesses hatred for a person continue to hold onto and even seek out that person's signature items?)