Mapsend 3d Topo Usa

RichardA

If you have nothing but DVD capable disc drives in your system, Magellan has a version of the software on DVD media. Their copy protection scheme prevents the application from running with CD media in a DVD drive. You need to fax a copy of the sales receipt to them before they will send you the DVD version. Contact tech support (or email me) for their fax number.

Richard

They didn't explicitly tell me that. But when I described my symptoms to them, their first question was were they DVD drives. If so, then the version on CD media will fail when it trys to verify the media is original and not a copy at program invocation. I will report back here after I receive the DVD media.

Richard

The DVD appears to be a marketing decision to provide unlockable versions of MapSend programs along with new GPSr models. It's not a bad decision in itself, but since Magellan seems to charge much higher rates than retailers, I expect informed consumers will usually pass the offer up.