Coming Soon: Redwing_dave Personal Coin!

Redwing_dave

RD%20coin.gif

At long last, my personal coin will be available really soon! If all goes well, I will be posting a link in this thread later this week for purchases. Please do not post orders here, since all ordering will be done through a seperate website, and posting here will not guarantee you a coin.

The Details:

Front fully colored / Back will be deep relief 3D engraven

Not trackable

Standard edition - Antique silver issue of 300 numbered coins (250 coins for sale; I'll keep the other 50 for trades and to set free in caches).

Limited edition - Polished nickel issue of 40 coins. Rather than being numbered, these coins will bear the name of one of 5 icons in Detroit Redwing history (Howe, Sawchuck, Lidstrom, Yzerman, or Bowman). There will be 8 of each name. These coins will not be for sale. The only way to get one will be to trade for them.

Ultra-limited edition - 10 coins (one for each year the Wing's have won the Stanley cup), black-nickel, each engraved with the year the cup was won. Serious trades on this one only (I am reluctant to part with them too easily).

Why are there octopii on the back you ask? Click here for answer

Thanks for looking, and GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Redwing_dave

We are huge Hockey fans and I have to have one because my husband is a Red Wings fan (I am not) and it drives me crazy. We will go to games when they come to Dallas and he makes me crazy! For my husbands 27 birthday I had Stevie Y autograph an authentic Team Canada Jersey, which was made, not store bought, for this moment by the makers of Steve's jersey's. Steve autographed it along the numbers which looks awesome. Cost me close to 1,500 by the time I was done, but my husband cried when he seen it, so it was worth it. I don't think I will ever top that gift for the rest of his life.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

We would love to trade you for one of our coins. We hopefully would like one of the limited edition coins with Scotty Bowman on it. Bowman is our last name, hence 4BOWS. We don't know if you want a separate e-mail or not, but we thought that we would post here first

You just HAD to go and cut into the "Dave" market, didn't you RWD? Oh sure, me, Mauison and Cornerstone4 were all thinking about coming out with "Dave" coins, and look who beats us to it? Octopi-Boy...that's who! Wow, now that I notice it, that's even close to OpticsBoy! So, now HE can sue for trademark infringement too. All Daves must unite! Class action against Redwing_Dave for "out-cooling" us! :(:huh:

How much did it cost you for the copyright to use the wings logo? How about the the cup? I bet that one cost even more. Let us know. I think I will get rights to use my teams logo's for my coin. Good looking coin I will be watching for it. Actually I guess it would be trade mark infringement but hey that is why I will be hiring a lawyer to figure all this out when I'm ready to make my coin. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by butbyice
You just HAD to go and cut into the "Dave" market, didn't you RWD? Oh sure, me, Mauison and Cornerstone4 were all thinking about coming out with "Dave" coins, and look who beats us to it? Octopi-Boy...that's who! Wow, now that I notice it, that's even close to OpticsBoy! So, now HE can sue for trademark infringement too. All Daves must unite! Class action against Redwing_Dave for "out-cooling" us! :(:huh:

Hey Yime. Idea for another coin. :( Anyone read the story by Dr. Seuss called Too many Daves? We could put out a coin with a bunch of cachers named Dave. I still believe that a good 50% of the male cachers (and maybe even some of the females are named Dave).

How much did it cost you for the copyright to use the wings logo? How about the the cup? I bet that one cost even more. Let us know. I think I will get rights to use my teams logo's for my coin. Good looking coin I will be watching for it. Actually I guess it would be trade mark infringement but hey that is why I will be hiring a lawyer to figure all this out when I'm ready to make my coin. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Copyright infringement is one of the things that kept me from doing a coin earlier.

Actually if you look closely at the winged wheel, it isn't the same one that is trademarked by the Red Wings. It is an original work by Fractal Artist Paul DeCelle. I contacted him, and he was very pleased to give me permission to use his artwork. In exchange I am going to send him a set of coins when they're finished. So side one was easily averted.

As far as the Stanley Cup goes, I used an actual photograph that I had. Since nobody can place a trademark or copyright on a picture that I own, I wasn't concerned about using that image of the cup.

For anyone interested in trading, please drop me an email. I'll try to get back to you quickly. I'll give you fair warning that I'll probably be a little stingy about trading at first, since I'll be selling the majority of the coins, and a lot of the ones I'm keeping are already going to locals, however I will gladly entertain offers. Feel free to drop me a line.

Edited by Redwing_dave

Copyright infringement is one of the things that kept me from doing a coin earlier.

Actually if you look closely at the winged wheel, it isn't the same one that is trademarked by the Red Wings. It is an original work by Fractal Artist Paul DeCelle. I contacted him, and he was very pleased to give me permission to use his artwork. In exchange I am going to send him a set of coins when they're finished. So side one was easily averted.

As far as the Stanley Cup goes, I used an actual photograph that I had. Since nobody can place a trademark or copyright on a picture that I own, I wasn't concerned about using that image of the cup.

For anyone interested in trading, please drop me an email. I'll try to get back to you quickly. I'll give you fair warning that I'll probably be a little stingy about trading at first, since I'll be selling the majority of the coins, and a lot of the ones I'm keeping are already going to locals, however I will gladly entertain offers. Feel free to drop me a line.

Anyways I will be looking around for one. It is a good looking coin and would look good in my collection.

Edited by butbyice
I'd hate to be at one of the GBA events....

"Hey Dave!"

Six guys say "what" in unison.

LOL!

That's kinda the way it is at my mom's house on Christmas.

My mom has 3 sisters, each one of them has 3-4 kids, those kids(us) have 1-3 each.

Somebody will call "Mama!!" and all of the women in the house will turn to see if it was for them!! :anibad::unsure:

"Hey man, open up, it's Dave, and I have the coins!"  :unsure:

DAVE'S NOT HERE, MAN!!

I couldn't get the audio file to link :anibad:

:P

You're killin' me! If you couldn't get the link to work don't taunt us with it :P:lol:

There was a time when comedy was hilarious even when listening to it on vinyl!

Who?

Edited by pdxmarathonman

TOO MANY DAVES

Dr. Seuss

Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave

Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?

Well, she did. And that wasn't a smart thing to do.

You see, when she wants one and calls out, "Yoo-Hoo!

Come into the house, Dave!" she doesn't get ONE.

All twenty-three Daves of hers come on the run!

This makes things quite difficult at the McCaves'

As you can imagine, with so many Daves.

And often she wishes that, when they were born,

She had named one of them Bodkin Van Horn

And one of them Hoos-Foos. And one of them Snimm.

And one of them Hot-Shot. And one Sunny Jim.

And one of them Shadrack. And one of them Blinkey.

And one of them Stuffy. And one of them Stinkey.

Another one Putt-Putt. Another one Moon Face.

Another one Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face.

And one of them Ziggy. And one Soggy Muff.

One Buffalo Bill. And one Biffalo Buff.

And one of them Sneepy. And one Weepy Weed.

And one Paris Garters. And one Harris Tweed.

And one of them Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt

And one of them Oliver Boliver Butt

And one of them Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate...

But she didn't do it. And now it's too late.

.....I call Oliver Boliver Butt! :unsure: Who wants to be Stinkey?

Edited by Redwing_dave

Man... first Aerohound puts planes on a coin, now a hockey coin... Gee! Did a list of my hobbies get loose out on the internet or something? Maybe Paris Hilton still had it saved in her cell phone from when I sent it to her. :D

At least it's not the Blues. I'd have to buy like 50 of those. (Please don't hold me to that, anyone thinking of making a STL Blues coin.)

Not sure if I should post after Cheech and Chong....... :D

Great looking coin. We went to a Redwings game just last week. We're (LordYatchman and I) from the Detroit area and would love to have 4 of your coins. We don't yet have a personal coin (maybe in the preliminary stages) and don't have much to trade so add us to the buying list.

Update on Redwing_dave coins

If you made me a trade offer, you should have mail! If you don't have mail, then I didn't get your trade offer, so please resend.

For those of you who wish to purchase coins, they will most likely go on sale this Friday (yes Friday the 13th :laughing: ). I plan to post a purchasing link here sometime Friday Morning. :lol: Sales are set up to offer some added price incentive in postage and fees if coins are bought in bulk, so you may want to plan accordingly. Thanks for your interest. ;)

Edited by Redwing_dave

Announcement!

I know I said I was planning on releasing this information tomorrow morning, but I decided to leak it early since I found that I already had a few leaks. :unsure:

The coins will go on sale tomorrow (Friday the 13th) at 10 AM Mountain Time through the following link: Redwing_dave coin sales

Good Luck, and thanks for looking!

PS - I've been doing almost nothing but answering trade offers for the last few days. Trade offers are still quite welcome, but I probably won't have a chance to get back to you on any new trade offers until after the presale is over. Thanks!

Edited by Redwing_dave