Las Vegas Strip Caches

ParentsofSAM

I am going to VEGAS in March and would like to do some caching. I will not have a car and I am staying at Tresure Island. So if you know of a on the strip (or very near the strip) bookmark list I would love to know about it too. Or just some caches in the area. Just email or PM me. I can also do any caches that are on the Monorail or trolley route.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!! :):D

I am going to VEGAS in March and would like to do some caching. I will not have a car and I am staying at Tresure Island. So if you know of a on the strip (or very near the strip) bookmark list I would love to know about it too. Or just some caches in the area. Just email or PM me. I can also do any caches that are on the Monorail or trolley route.

Funny thing! I just arrived in Las Vegas about an hour ago... :)

I don't have a bookmark list, but I do have a pocket query centered on the Strip. It looks like most of the caches that are actually on the Strip are virtuals but there are a handful of traditional caches that are close by. Most of the trads, though, are far enough off the Strip that having a car would be useful.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Just came across this bookmark list for caches on the Las Vegas Strip...

Las Vegas Strip Caches

Will that do?

Thank You So Much for the list, after you get home let me know what caches are worth while out there. I want to cache but I want to do some gaming more!!

Here's the Las Vegas Strip caching report. I went after a total of 10 caches located from the Frontier down to the MGM Grand -- 7 were virts and the other three were micros. I found all the virts and I was only able to find one of three micros. Of the two that I missed, there were several prior DNFs so both are likely gonzo. There was also a webcam cache but since it was late at night when I got there, I didn't want to call and wake anyone up just to log this one.

The buildings and all played havoc with my GPSr so the caching was a bit tricky. I probably had good position fixes for only a third of the time my GPSr was on. It probably would have been easier to just get printouts from Google Earth and skip using a GPSr.

All-in-all, the caching was "OK" but I'll bet the caching is much better off the Strip.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

I have close to 100 finds in Vegas, but most are in Summerlin area, north of the Strip about 10 miles where my brother lives.

My personal favorites: Hysterical; The Hare and the Tortoise (a virtual in a neat park); Not under a Rock (a night hunt that took me a while); and This Awesome View Is Mine (great night views).

Enjoy your trip.

Edit: just read you won't have a car - bummer! My favorite cache downtown is a virtual, The Presidential Suite.. If you are willing to walk a couple miles, try Rebel Art Cache, a neat multi on the UNLV campus.

Edited by Chuy

I would also be interested in some Vegas and Laughlin caches. We will be there at the beginning of March. The Presidential Suite sounds good.

Also, maybe someone in this forum can help me. A few of my older kids were watching Vegas Vacation with Chevy Chase the other night. Does the Mirage have a restaurant with red monkeys in it? There are numerous scenes in the movie were the Griswolds are eating at a particular booth and there is a red monkey behind Chevy Chase. My kids want us to take a picture with the red monkey if it is still there.

Thanks.