Just Lost All My T/b Miles Why?

Labrador Wild Man

Help just checked my T/b the ones in canada i have lost my miles on, i had one that had over 1500 miles, just be pick up in the USA now sayes 61.3 miles, where have all the miles gone? can the Tech guys help me? i have check my T/bs which are in the U/K and there miles are ok.

I have notice the web page lay out on the T/B page and the cache pages could i have lost them when they upgraded, can some one point me in the right dirction so i can get it fixed. :)

Speaking of losing miles, I just dropped one in Maryland that I picked up in California. I says it only has about 6 miles on it. It might be because I accidentally deleted the log entry saying that I dropped it off. It's listed on the page for the cache where I dropped it off, and because of that I can't seem to recreate the log entry. Is there any way the deleted entry can be retrieved?

D'oh! I thought you had the number. I wasn't meaning to make you the bad example.

Yes, you will need it. Perhaps you can 'pulldown' the number from the enter tracking number field? You know how like when you start typing in a number and what was typed in before pops up as a selection?

Retrieving the same bug won't increase your bug count. Post a note on the cache page to drop it and you won't get another 'find' for the cache.

Edited by BlueDeuce
Yeah, I tried that "auto complete" thing for the number, but it didn't work! I'm figuring I might not even have to log anything on the cache's page, just the travel bug's page. Lesson learned on saving those numbers!

Just one other thought on how to get the serial number. Just email the bug owner and explain it and ask for them to send you the serial number. Occassionally this won't work because the bug owner is inactive or they don't know the serial number (I've actually had bug owners email me for their serial number). So, another way is to look down through the log entries and you might notice that one of the more buggier cachers like MaxB on the River may have moved the bug. I know that MaxB has the serial numbers for every TB they have moved--over 4,000 now! I also have an excel spreadsheet where I track name, serial number, cache retrieved from, date, cache placed in, date, and mileage moved--I know, pretty anal uh! But, we all get our kicks in different ways.

Hope this helps...Aim High!

Just email the bug owner and explain it and ask for them to send you the serial number. Occassionally this won't work because the bug owner is inactive or they don't know the serial number (I've actually had bug owners email me for their serial number).

Good suggestion. Sometimes I miss the obvious...and the obscure...and...well anyway

Fortunately (Thank you gc.com) the tracking number is now listed on the bug's page. Viewable only by the owner of course.

Gunfighter, if you want you can let the owner know it's listed on the bug page under owner options.

Edited by BlueDeuce
If the mileage is off on a bug you own try clicking the recalc mileage button. I just did that on my personal travel coin and my miles are back.

Thanks, that worked. Didn't realize that option was onthe page. Got all 65K back on my personal bug.

I tried this and I still have 0 miles. It does not show any maps on the TB page either. My other TBs have both miles and maps.

Yeah, I tried that "auto complete" thing for the number, but it didn't work!  I'm figuring I might not even have to log anything on the cache's page, just the travel bug's page.  Lesson learned on saving those numbers!

Just one other thought on how to get the serial number. Just email the bug owner and explain it and ask for them to send you the serial number. Occassionally this won't work because the bug owner is inactive or they don't know the serial number (I've actually had bug owners email me for their serial number). So, another way is to look down through the log entries and you might notice that one of the more buggier cachers like MaxB on the River may have moved the bug. I know that MaxB has the serial numbers for every TB they have moved--over 4,000 now! I also have an excel spreadsheet where I track name, serial number, cache retrieved from, date, cache placed in, date, and mileage moved--I know, pretty anal uh! But, we all get our kicks in different ways.

Hope this helps...Aim High!

Having recently met MaxB on the River personally, I've seen his Excel spreadsheet of all the travel bugs that he and his wonderful wife have helped move around the world. He is a good source, if you lose your TB serial number. :mad: If any of you have the pleasure of having a TB land on one of his TB tours, you will be impressed! I guarantee it!

And I've been playing with the mileage on a couple of my bugs this afternoon, and the recalculate distance works on some, but not all. So I'm confident that this mileage thing will be all sorted soon. I have confidence in the Groundspeak staff. Just give them some time to sort through their priorities with the upgrades.