Gpsmap60cx And Nroute Problem

ATLnative

I received my new 60Cx on Monday evening. The unit is working beautifully on its own, however, when attempting to connect to nRoute (via USB), the nRoute software briefly registers that the unit is connected but never gets beyond the message "Searching for Satellites". :lol:

I am using nRoute v2.6.1 and my Cx software version is 2.40.

I am able to transfer maps, waypoints, etc. to and from the unit using the MapSource program, so the problem does not appear to be with the USB drivers.

I just called Garmin Tech Supprt and the technician, using his own equipment, verified that a problem does exist with the transfer of information between the Cx and nRoute.

He told me that he was reporting the problem, and expected that a software update (either to nRoute or the Cx) would probably be forthcoming in about 2 weeks.

I will post back when/if I receive further communication from Garmin.

In the meantime, has anyone else encountered this problem (and maybe found a solution other than a software update)?

It's not a terrible problem (for me) as the Cx unit itself is working fine (as noted above).

Edit: Spelling

Edited by ATLnative