Recreational Use Statutes

jon & miki

I was researching Recreational Use statutes to address a land manager concern regarding his liability for having a cache on his property. While googling, I ran across a nice link that provides brochures describing the laws on a state by state basis (Recreational Use Statutes and the Private Landowner)).

There's also a good general explanation of Recreational Use statutes at American Whitewater.

It seems like the information on these links should help cache hiders work with landowners on cache placements, so I thought I'd post what I found. I don'tt remember seeing any posts on the subject before and with search disabled, I can't easily check, so if everybody already posted about the statutes, somebody markwell me before I post again.

noj

After Jon sent me a link a while back on this subject, I backed up in the URL and found this. This is a link on the National Park Service's own website and should carry a bit more weight that a recreation/hobby site. There are links to brochures for all fifty states.

Just hand them a brochure and say, "I found this on the National Park Service's website."

After Jon sent me a link a while back on this subject, I backed up in the URL and found this. This is a link on the National Park Service's own website and should carry a bit more weight that a recreation/hobby site. There are links to brochures for all fifty states.

Just hand them a brochure and say, "I found this on the National Park Service's website."

Glad you remembered that link CR. I thought I'd included it with the original post, but apparently forgot and lost it in the swamp of old emails.

jon<=>noj