Friends List

johndmann

I would love to have a friends list and/or a team list. I'm not a part of any teams, but I do have some friends who also cache - sometimes with me, and sometimes not. Having a page which lists who I'm friends with and maybe even showing their cache stat banner next to them on the list, and even a mention of the date of their last find or something like that would be wonderful to have!

Wow! I can't wait for that feature. Think it will be a subscriber-only feature? If so, I'd most likely subscribe quicker :rolleyes: The only reason I haven't paid for the additional features is I don' t have a GPS which you can use with a PC. Most of the very good paid features don't do me any good until I upgrade my GPS unit. Once I do that, I'll upgrade no matter what, but for now I'm happy with my basic account.

I would like to see an area on the website where I can keep a list of my geocaching friends. I imagine something like a bookmark list with their usernames and #finds/#hides stats. Click on their name and go to their profile. Also would be the option of turning on a feature that emails you any time they have a find and enter a log, like what happens when you "watch" a cache. Thanks, Kevin.

The above post by K-SQUARED was originally posted as a separate topic. I merged it into this one, as there have now been three topics active on this subject in the past week.

Perhaps when Jeremy has a moment, he might provide an update on the status of the long-promised friends feature. Here is the best summary from him on the planned upgrade. The last word on the subject was at the end of December, saying basically "workin' on it," because the groups concept is essential for category management at Waymarking.com. But as of five weeks ago, no exact timeline could be predicted.

I think that summary is still apt. We don't have estimated timelines for the friend feature. It does, however, look like we are on target for a late February launch of the long-awaited Waymarking group functionality.

The Friend functionality has been implemented and I use it. One of the key new features I think is "caching with a friend" on which there are already several threads (Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3).

Does anyone know if it is already being implemented?