Taken But Still There.

The HERB5

This has been known to happen occasionally, especially when bugs are logged when the server is very busy (and this bug was logged on a Sunday, one of the busiest days). The bug pickup or retrieval only partially goes through, and then it looks like it's sort-of in a cache and sort-of not in it... the easiest way to fix it is for the person who picked it up just to log their pickup again. (I've seen some bugs on my watchlist have five or six consecutive logs in a row where someone is trying to drop it or pick it up, until it finally "takes".)

How often are there server problems? This has happened to me twice in January (someone told me how to correct it and I did) and I reported to someone else that their retrieval was not completed and the TB page did not match the cache page (they fortunately re-did it). Can someone write a little program to cross check the two in case there are more instances of this server problem?

How often are there server problems? This has happened to me twice in January (someone told me how to correct it and I did) and I reported to someone else that their retrieval was not completed and the TB page did not match the cache page (they fortunately re-did it). Can someone write a little program to cross check the two in case there are more instances of this server problem?

It is definitely becoming more frequent. It used to be a rare occurrence; now it's a regular feature of busy weekends. You might get a better response from someone who could handle this if you make your request in the gc web site forum rather than here in the TB forum.