Who Is Watching My Cache

Dive-n-diva

The short answer is "no." See this entry in the pinned FAQ thread.

You could alway post a note on your cache page and ask watchers to write to you.

Note that, since the introduction of bookmark lists a year ago, the watchlist count is illusory. There could be 2 "watchers" and 25 more people who have the cache bookmarked and are receiving notices of all logs. I have trimmed my watchlist down to just four caches, because they don't fit on any bookmark list. The more than 200 other caches that I'm interested in following are all on one of my bookmark lists.

I now think of the watchlist as "bookmarking for non-premium members."

Is there any way to see who is watching my cache?

S

:huh:

Instead of being irked at not knowing who is watching your cache, take it as a compliment that someone is showing an interest in it.

Yes, that is exactly how I look at it! We simply appreciate the fact that a number of folks have had enough interest in the cache to watchlist it (or bookmark it!) One of our caches ( Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations, waypoint ID GCTA5E), which has only been "on the air" since February 4th (about 13 days ago), already has been watchlisted by 32 folks, and we are tickled and amazed, and grateful! Several of our other Psycho Urban caches have over 10 watchlisters, despite having been in exsitence only a few months, and again, we are grateful for the interest!

By the way -- and this is more a note to the original poster (OP) -- if a cache is a Premium Member-Only cache, then the listing page offers a link allowing the cache owner to look at the audit logs, which show who has visited the page, and when, and how many times. This, to me, is even better than knowing who the watchlist folks are, as it can be quite stunning to see that 460 visitors hit the listing page for a cache that has been in existence for a half-month, and to note that a goodly number of them have visited the page more than 20 times!

Just this morning, in response to requests from many quarters, we opened our Psycho Urban Cache #9 to all GC members by removing its Premium Members-Only status, in order to allow regular members as well to see the cache listing page. But, of course, the drawback to this for us, as the cache owners, is that we can no longer see the audit log page and peek in on who has been looking at the cache page!