Garmin Customer Service

GeoBobC

You're not going to believe this. I had a one year old Garmin 60c. The lettering was starting to wear off the ENTER key, probably from some abuse I gave it rubbing against something. Other than that, the unit worked flawlessly. I called Garmin last week, and they gave me an RMA number to return it for repair. I sent it to Garmin second day DHL on Monday (March 6). Today (March 10) I received a BRAND NEW 60c, in the original package, with all accessories.

(No, I don't work for Garmin).

You're not going to believe this. I had a one year old Garmin 60c. The lettering was starting to wear off the ENTER key, probably from some abuse I gave it rubbing against something. Other than that, the unit worked flawlessly. I called Garmin last week, and they gave me an RMA number to return it for repair. I sent it to Garmin second day DHL on Monday (March 6). Today (March 10) I received a BRAND NEW 60c, in the original package, with all accessories.

The buttons on my 15 month old 60CS are wearing down also so I called Garmin earlier this week to find out what it would cost to have them replaced and they told me that they would cover under warranty. I will be sending it back on Monday, caching to do this weekend don't you know. I don't care whether they just fix it or send a replacement, either way their CUSTOMER SERVICE is the best.

The buttons on my 15 month old 60CS are wearing down also so I called Garmin earlier this week to find out what it would cost to have them replaced and they told me that they would cover under warranty. I will be sending it back on Monday, caching to do this weekend don't you know. I don't care whether they just fix it or send a replacement, either way their CUSTOMER SERVICE is the best.

DHL just dropped off my BRAND NEW replacement today. :rolleyes::blink::ph34r:

Another "Garmin Service is Great" thread? yawn_3.jpg

So what would happen if I sent my Magellan Sport Trac in for repair? The thing doesn't power up correctly and when it does it shuts down unexpectedly.

Nah, it's not about makes - for Garmin, this is routine, so he's just yawning since everyone knows this already. :mad:

I broke my eTrex Summit in 2004, and even though it was out of warranty for at least a year, they sent me a replacement for $30 less than the street price for buying the less-featured Yellow. My brother got a replacement 60c (due to water damage) much the same way the OP did.

I just wish people stop posting this topic so much - the unscrupulous will notice, and when their exploitation of their great service fail, they are going to whine like babies. :mad:

i did with my 20 mnd old 60cs us basemap to Garmin Europe

at first they wanted to charge 90 pound, after a copy of this thread

29 pond, under protest send to Garmin Europe.

They send it back with no charge.

Garmin is super top although it is not the same everyware.