Memory Map Questions

Alboy

hi

I am using GSAK and exporting to Memory Map. However, I can't find a convenient way to deal with puzzle and multi caches. If I solve a puzzle I can enter a new waypoint on MM, which I then have to lose when I import a new csv file.

Is there a way round that? I'd also like to keep the tracks of my tracks that MM records when caching to see how far I've walked etc, but again I have to lose them when I delete all to avoid duplication when reloading.

Also, can I get the notes I enter from GSAK to appear in the Properties section of the cache when I click on it? That way I could leave part-solved puzzle co-ords there and be able to read them on the move?

Thanks for any ideas / help!

As Moote has said you can lock the coords by changing them - or you can do the same thing by using the dropdown from Waypoints on the toolbar and clicking Edit Waypoint. On that page you can edit the notes or add user data and lock the data from being changed by your next PQ by clicking the lock button.

Hi Alboy

I'm guessing here ...... are you exporting from GSAK to MM all of the caches within x miles say..?

You can solve your problem by creating and saving a GSAK filter ..... "mm export" or whatever .....and using this prior to creating your mm export csv file ..... for the filter , just select "not found"

on MM after logging a find ... select the cache properties and change it from a flag to a dot....

when you need to update MM use

hide all........ Flags ( your finds will remain as dots)

delete hidden

then import the new MM CSV.....

it seems long winded .... but its pretty easy ...... it just means you only update the unfound caches ...

hope it helps .... or at least gives you ideas....

Slainge Bob

hi

I am using GSAK and exporting to Memory Map. However, I can't find a convenient way to deal with puzzle and multi caches. If I solve a puzzle I can enter a new waypoint on MM, which I then have to lose when I import a new csv file.

Is there a way round that? I'd also like to keep the tracks of my tracks that MM records when caching to see how far I've walked etc, but again I have to lose them when I delete all to avoid duplication when reloading.

Also, can I get the notes I enter from GSAK to appear in the Properties section of the cache when I click on it? That way I could leave part-solved puzzle co-ords there and be able to read them on the move?

Thanks for any ideas / help!

OK should have remembered this, especially as I spent Sunday doing some adjustments to it, there is a great script for Memory Map here: > Improved Export From GSAK To Memory Map this might solve many of your problems (apart from coords but that is mentioned above)

Bob is quite right, I'm crrently using the Roolku macro to create a csv file of ALL the caches in a certain area, then deleteing all the current marks in MM before importing them all again, with whatever updates there are.

For Bob's solution to work with my set up I need to change the cache or whatever I don't want to delete to a 'Mark' in the categories, then Hide All, then Show Marks, then delete all Hidden. That should work in theory!

Thanks Bob.

I've followed the debates on what macros can do for GSAK / MM and it's very impressive.

All I need now is for someone clever to pull together one macro that does a get mail, followed by an HTML export, a csv export, an archive cleanup and put the kettle on then everything would be sorted!