No Trade, No Find

The_Bobkat

It probably means that the owner insists you trade in order to log a find. Meaning "TNLN" is not allowed.

Kind of silly, but that's his choice.

The flag was probably unrelated to the cache.

Seems pointless to reguire a trade. Bet the cache owner will get more than he bargained for. I can just see the logs. T XYZ L Broken Skoal can, crushed beer can and bag of dog doodoo. SL

I went to the coordinates and didn't find anything except a yellow ribbon tied to a fence..

Na, that shouldn't have anything to do with the cache. Surveyors, farmers, property owners, and lots of other people put tape on stuff.

I suppose you could have traded:

T= Yellow flagging

L= Orange flagging

B)

Hmmm, I was going to guess a different cache (Liar Liar), but since it's the same theme as the one Trinity's Crew came across it doesn't make much of a difference which one it is.

robert_leonard_iii - if it's either of these caches, read through the full description. Read the logs of what people claim to have taken and left. Now, everyone's got their own thoughts on what's appropriate to trade, but just as an example if I lived out in your area and were doing the I'll trade ya! cache I don't think I'd feel right unless I traded my Jeep for that RAV SUV that azvicki left behind. Even then I'd probably toss in a little extra - maybe on my way to the cache I'd stop by a garage and have them install a 2" lift kit and a winch, just to make sure I was trading up for that RAV. Or maybe I'd just go buy a HWWMV (aka Humvee) from an Army surplus store to leave at the cache, since I really like my Jeep. Not sure what I'd trade at Liar Liar - I'm not much into mining, not sure what I'd do with the Lost Dutchman Mine. Maybe I could find the crew of the Mary Celeste and leave them in exchange. B)

Here's my log from Liar Liar

9:30am

Well since there are so many urban caches now, we dont need the chopper any more for those hard to reach mountain top caches.

So we decided to trade it for the bison tubes and ammo boxes

Edited by vagabond

I saw a local cache listed today on geocaching.com and it said it was a "No Trade, No Find" cache.. what does that mean? I went to the coordinates and didn't find anything except a yellow ribbon tied to a fence.. maybe that was the find??

Thanks!

If you found it, you found it. That's the first thing to remember. Nobody else can tell you whether or not you found something.

What that means is that you respect other players' intentions and wishes, but you don't let them define your reality for you.

If you find a cache, log it as a find. If anyone else wants to question you about your find or try to prove that you didn't find something you did find, let them do the work, the burden of proof is then on them, not you.

Think smart :laughing:

Have fun.

If you find a cache, log it as a find. If anyone else wants to question you about your find or try to prove that you didn't find something you did find, let them do the work, the burden of proof is then on them, not you.

Think smart <_<

Have fun.

There is no "burden of proof" in geocaching. If you want to ignore the cache owner's stated requirements for logging the cache, feel free. If you want to claim a find you didn't make, that's your choice. If the cache owner wants to delete your "found it" log, legitimate or not, that's his or her choice. :huh:

Think narcissistic :)

Have fun. :huh:

PS - shocking as it may seem, if you don't like the cache owner's logging requirements, you don't have to look for the cache. If everyone agrees that the owner has silly requirements and no one looks for the cache, they'll get the message. If you're the only one who thinks it's silly, well then you're the only one who thinks it's silly.

:

Read through the fun logs on this "No Trade. No Find" cache here.

"The Trading Post"

It is a very fun cache and great to see the creative writing ability of some cachers. I was very happy to trade out the gas-guzzling Hummer and leave two Toyota Prius in its place. :)

Sound like really fun caches...i think you need to read between the lines...i see that they are in SoCal, so i guess next time i go caching outside the O.C., i'll have to check them out...maybe i can drag the bush statue down the freeway on the way home, and leave my ex ..have to leave a couple bucks with that to be trading up. :)

I saw a local cache listed today on geocaching.com and it said it was a "No Trade, No Find" cache.. what does that mean? I went to the coordinates and didn't find anything except a yellow ribbon tied to a fence.. maybe that was the find??

Thanks!

If you found it, you found it. That's the first thing to remember. Nobody else can tell you whether or not you found something.

What that means is that you respect other players' intentions and wishes, but you don't let them define your reality for you.

Think smart :)

Have fun.

If they have an actual trade rule and you don't honor it that's closer to dishonorable than honorable. Yes you can find the cache and sign the log, but if the owner is doing their job they can (and should) delete your online find log.

It's true that a cache should not define your reality, but it's also true that your reality shouldn't define the cache. My experience is that a rules cache is a PITA to maintain, but I also try to honor them when I find them because It's easy enough to do, or to post a note if you can't.

There is no "burden of proof" in geocaching. If you want to ignore the cache owner's stated requirements for logging the cache, feel free. If you want to claim a find you didn't make, that's your choice. If the cache owner wants to delete your "found it" log, legitimate or not, that's his or her choice. :(

Think narcissistic :(

Have fun. :(

PS - shocking as it may seem, if you don't like the cache owner's logging requirements, you don't have to look for the cache. If everyone agrees that the owner has silly requirements and no one looks for the cache, they'll get the message. If you're the only one who thinks it's silly, well then you're the only one who thinks it's silly.

Kai Team, I feel that you have made excellent points, and you beat me to the pulpit in saying the same things that I would have, and so -- Thanks!

If you don't want to follow the rules a cache owner has listed, then don't. I'm not saying that people should like go to a cache, take things without trading, or worse. If a cache owner says on the site 'trade only' or something like that, and you don't want to, then don't. You can log it as a find on here I guess, the owner might remove your find, but will that mean that you didn't find it? Ummmmm no. If its so important to have your name up on here as a find for everyone to see, then follow the rules thats set so ur find won't be removed. If you find a cache and it says 'no trade no find' but you have nothing or don't want to trade for anything in the cache, that doesn't mean that you didn't find it lol.