Unique Icon

big rick

:rolleyes: Just a question for those that have made coins. I recently produced a new coin and paid for a unique Icon that I am still waiting on. How long does it usually take for the Icon to show up? The Company that made the coin has sent several messages to the folks at Groundspeak and I also sent a message several days ago that has not been answered. What problems have others had? :laughing: Edited by big rick

:rolleyes: Just a question for those that have made coins. I recently produced a new coin and paid for a unique Icon that I am still waiting on. How long does it usually take for the Icon to show up? The Company that made the coin has sent several messages to the folks at Groundspeak and I also sent a message several days ago that has not been answered. What problems have others had? :laughing:

Sometimes it takes a day, sometimes a couple of weeks. In the later case its sometimes an oversite or a technical issue - its hard to tell. Keep on Groundspeak to fix the problem (but be polite about it) and it'll show up!

:rolleyes: Just a question for those that have made coins. I recently produced a new coin and paid for a unique Icon that I am still waiting on. How long does it usually take for the Icon to show up? The Company that made the coin has sent several messages to the folks at Groundspeak and I also sent a message several days ago that has not been answered. What problems have others had? :laughing:

Sometimes it takes a day, sometimes a couple of weeks. In the later case its sometimes an oversite or a technical issue - its hard to tell. Keep on Groundspeak to fix the problem (but be polite about it) and it'll show up!

Thanks for the info and I have nothing but good words for Groundspeak or the whole coin making process. The company that made the coins was great to work with and fast. By the way your time tracking coins is great. Maybe the best I have seen.

We are waiting on our custom logo too.... The Obsessed Geocoins.

I know how to pay them money :bad: , but I don't know how to get a logo switched on. :o

What I hope is someone else on this site can help us out. Thanks and I know that Groundspeak has been having some problem lately and our icons have been put on the back burner.

We are waiting on our custom logo too.... The Obsessed Geocoins.

I know how to pay them money :bad: , but I don't know how to get a logo switched on. :o

What I hope is someone else on this site can help us out. Thanks and I know that Groundspeak has been having some problem lately and our icons have been put on the back burner.

I wouldnt say it is put on the back burner. I think someone here talked about 100 different coins coming out. If that is the case, maybe with all the coins, they need a few extra days to get the icon going.

nielsenc

We sent an e-mail to Bryan at Groundspeak.com and it was done within half hour. Nothing but praise for his quick response to our problems and questions.

Help please....

I may have found over 8100 caches and am #4 in the entire world, but I don't even know how to send an e-mail to Bryan. Maybe I spend all my time caching and no time in the website.

Are you saying he just recently turned your icon on? :anibad:

Can you send him two more emails? (see above) <_<

I do not know his email but his geoname is Rothstafari.

Thanks,

I sent an E Mail to his Geocaching E Mail on April the 7th and have not had any reply so far. Thanks I will try again.

Richard

Big Rick

Bryan is currently out of the office for a day or two but I'm sure he'll respond to your request as soon as he can.

-Nate

Thanks Nate.

The pinned topics at the top are good for information.

The one titled "Coin Tracking Requirements". Makes a good read.

The getting started bit down the bottom gives all the information you need.

<_<

BelKen,

I did read "Coin Tracking Requirements" and that is where I got the neame to send my last couple of E Mails to. Still no response from Groundspeak but but it sounds like the person that takes care of these requests has been away for a few day. It is still hard answering the question but I guess that is all part of making the coins. It has still been a possitive experience. I will be glad when the Icon is right and the people that have ordered my coins are happy. That has always been my main concern. Here is my last message I received.

:huh: Hi~

Recently received your Cache Run coin -- the General. This coin was of interest to us as we have ridden a train on some of the same tracks that the General ran on. . .well, at least some of the same roadbed!

Your page about the coin said that it would be trackable at geocaching.com "with its very own icon." We were disappointed to find, when we activated it, that it has a generic icon. I was wondering if another icon is in the works and, if so, will already-activated coins be converted? I'm new to the geocoin scene so I don't know how this works. :D

I left the name out but I don't want people to be unhappy about my coin. It was a labor of love and was not done just to make money. I set my sale up to be just a little under breaking even so I could put some coins out and give some away for good causes.

Edited by big rick

My advice is to be patient. If the coin shows up separately the icon will show up eventually. I've seen as many as 5 pop up in one day. I scroll through the numbers every now and then to see if mine has been uploaded to groundspeaks site. It's not there, but likewise I don't have coins or tracking #'s yet either...

I'm sure it will show up soon, and Bryan may be on vacation, I've heard they let the Lackeys out every now and then. <_<

My advice is to be patient. If the coin shows up separately the icon will show up eventually. I've seen as many as 5 pop up in one day. I scroll through the numbers every now and then to see if mine has been uploaded to groundspeaks site. It's not there, but likewise I don't have coins or tracking #'s yet either...

I'm sure it will show up soon, and Bryan may be on vacation, I've heard they let the Lackeys out every now and then. :o

:o Thanks for the information I guess if Bryan is on Vacation he will respond when he gets back. :blink:

:lol: Just a question for those that have made coins. I recently produced a new coin and paid for a unique Icon that I am still waiting on. How long does it usually take for the Icon to show up? The Company that made the coin has sent several messages to the folks at Groundspeak and I also sent a message several days ago that has not been answered. What problems have others had? B)

Thanks Tom for the information. I sent another message to bryan bryan@Groundspeak.com last night. I have my fingers crossed. I have messages in now at this E Mail and his Geocaching E Mail and I am sure when he gets back in town he will respond to one or the other.

Richard

Very cool, I was getting ready to post and tell you that I was told Bryan was on vacation for two weeks starting last week. Glad you were able to find out what you wanted to know. He seems like a great contact at Groundspeak.

:lol: He is the right person and the ICON is up and working. B)