Be On The Lookout!

57chevy

I thought I would post this hoping it will help one of my geocoins to travel a little more. I have a 06' Compass rose that I have set free called "57's 2006 Compass Rose Contest Coin" and here's the lowdown.

:unsure: Current GOAL: To travel to all contintents and to take the road less traveled, meeting new people and seeing new places. Pictures will be greatly appreciated. By logging this coin, you will be entered into a drawing for a new unactivated geocoin, Winners to be determined on or around Jan 1 of 07'. If you post a picture you will get another entry for a total of two. Two entrys is the most anyone could have. Seeing as how this is a worldwide venture, I will award a coin to one cacher drawn from each continent that participates. You must be a resident of the continent your drawing is from. Oh and if you plan on holding on to it for more than a week or two, Please contact me. Have fun and cache on!!! ;)

Its maiden voyage is going to be Geowoodstock, so as I'm not going to actually be able to attend, a friend of mine will be taking it there, check the coin page to see who currently has it and where it's at or going to be, the more logs the better, just have fun and good luck . B)

Edited by 57chevy

Does it have to be a continent ?? Would 2 rather big Islands be OK like New Zealand. <_<:)

:) Well I wish my budget would allow me to give away more. I'll tell ya what I'm a gonna do... Seeing as how this IS my contest, and it is very early on, I will say it is possible that I may offer more drawings. I will definitely give away 7 coins! If lets say no one from Antarctica logs it, I will be forced to give it to another location. :( I do have a coin in Australia right now, that will be in Sydney tomorrow hopefully, heading to NZ. It is not the contest coin but, I put its goal as to stay in NZ caches, and to travel all over the Islands. I will be looking for a log from Zork V. ;)

Edited by 57chevy

:laughing: Just a quick update on the Contest, Both coins are moving around and one of them is getting a lot of great pictures. I have great news for whomever the 7 lucky winners are, the prizes will be a Gold version of the contest coins, unactivated and minus the 1/4 inch hole. They'll look like this... pictures just don't do it justice.

430.gif

Pretty sweet huh!

;)happy-new-year-1.gif;)

Wow, this year went by fast. I want to thank everyone that participated in this adventure and was able to log my contest coins. I enjoyed reading the logs and checking out the pictures you posted. Overall there were only 4 continents that the contest coins visited, Europe, Asia, North America and Australia. The eligible individual cachers from each Continent were put in a hat and winners were drawn, and the results are as follows.

From Europe, the winner is.... BenTHerLiG

the winner for Asia is.... Pathseeker

the winner for Australia is.... four-fun

and the winner for North America is... Neoncacher

Now I understand that there are 7 continents and, I had set aside 7 of the gold compass rose coins for this contest, so... I put everyones name that participated in this contest, from all over the world back into the hat and we drew 3 more names. WOOHOO!!! The 3 lucky winners are as follows.

David from North America

Setsujoku from Australia

and the final winner is.....

Alex from Asia

Congratulations to all. I will be contacting each of the winners for a shipping address today and will be sending the coins off this week.

globe.jpg

Does it have to be a continent ?? Would 2 rather big Islands be OK like New Zealand. ;);)

B) Well I wish my budget would allow me to give away more. I'll tell ya what I'm a gonna do... Seeing as how this IS my contest, and it is very early on, I will say it is possible that I may offer more drawings. I will definitely give away 7 coins! If lets say no one from Antarctica logs it, I will be forced to give it to another location. B) I do have a coin in Australia right now, that will be in Sydney tomorrow hopefully, heading to NZ. It is not the contest coin but, I put its goal as to stay in NZ caches, and to travel all over the Islands. I will be looking for a log from Zork V. B)

Keep an eye out for a log from us on this one too! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !

Mark (Elmo)

Edit for early morning stupidity B) : Whoops, Should have read this more carefully, Anyway we will be still looking for this coin.

Edited by Team chelmo