Need Help With Travel Bug Adoption (tbxxxxx)

rklmbl

We recently activated some new geocoins. Wanted to allow someone to adopt one of them. It has a TBXXXXX number (first time we have seen TB numbers with 5 digits instead of 4 digits after the TB). The geocaching.com web site will not let us send that coin for adoption. It says: "We could not find the listing for the code you provided." Wondered what we were doing wrong or if the system is just not programmed yet to accept 7 digit TB numbers instead of the usual 6. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to resolve it?

One of the geocoin folks will show up pretty soon to help you.

Just curious, are these the USA Geocoins?

No. One was a Rhode Island geocoin and the other an Original Stash geocoin. They activated fine with a 7-digit travel bug (TB) number. But when I tried to send them for adoption (something I have had no trouble doing before with 6-digit TB numbers), it wouldn't accept the number.

Okay. I'm not sure where the coin people are. You'd think they'd stop by from time to time.

Just to clarify, you don't use the reference number

"Use TB10E2W to reference this travel bug"

but rather the tracking number

Travel Bug Owner Options

Tracking Number: xxxxxx

You can send me a PM or email and we can test your numbers without posting them here.

I'd be happy to help.

Edited by BlueDeuce

We recently activated some new geocoins. Wanted to allow someone to adopt one of them. It has a TBXXXXX number (first time we have seen TB numbers with 5 digits instead of 4 digits after the TB). The geocaching.com web site will not let us send that coin for adoption. It says: "We could not find the listing for the code you provided." Wondered what we were doing wrong or if the system is just not programmed yet to accept 7 digit TB numbers instead of the usual 6. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to resolve it?

Once you get to this link.

Geocaching Adoption Page..

And you sign in.. Which number are you placing the in the box to look up?? Is it the TB#### located on the TB's web page or the TB Tag #.. You need to use the TB#### that is on the web page.. We just helped a friend adopt out a bunch of TB's and we didnt run into any problems..

Hope this help's.. PM us if you need any other information..