Fyi - Energizer Battery Charger

I bought a pack of 12 Energizer 2500 NIMH batteries at Sam's Wholesale that came with a little 4-battery AA size charger. That charger is shutting off when the batteries are no more than about 60 % charged.

So, if your using that charger, you may not be getting an optimum charge into the batteries. I now trickle charge my batteries overnight using a higher voltage charger that does not shut off automatically.

I have that little charger. I guess I'll be using my bigger charger as well. How did you figure this out? My batteries show fully charged in the GPSr.

Ditto.

Mine seems to work great, how can you tell if it is doing this?

Probably just my charger. I keep my 60cx going all day here at the house. Put a fresh set of batteries in each morning. I noticed that they were dying after only about 10 hrs (screen turns off after 1 minute). I started topping them off in my other charger and started getting 14-15 hrs out of each set.

(I'm trying to wear out my GPSr while it's still in warranty!)

I think I have the same thing....did it come with 8 AA and 4 AAA batteries? I of course charged all of my batteries when I got them and then put them in a baggie in a drawer. I pulled out 2 of the AA the other day and put them in the GPS and it didn't stay on very long at all. I then recharged the batteries until the light went off on the charger and then put another 2 in the GPSr. I turned it on again and it didn't even show fully charged. It showed about 95% this time.

I have been quite disappointed with these batteries in the short time that I have used them. I really don't want to have to go buy another charger.

I think I have the same thing....did it come with 8 AA and 4 AAA batteries? I of course charged all of my batteries when I got them and then put them in a baggie in a drawer. I pulled out 2 of the AA the other day and put them in the GPS and it didn't stay on very long at all. I then recharged the batteries until the light went off on the charger and then put another 2 in the GPSr. I turned it on again and it didn't even show fully charged. It showed about 95% this time.

I have been quite disappointed with these batteries in the short time that I have used them. I really don't want to have to go buy another charger.

Hunter - you have to cycle the batteries 3 or 4 times for them to get up to the 2500mAh rating. At least it was that way with mine. I don't know if NIMH batteries need to always be fully discharged or not when putting them back on a charger. They say that NiCad batteries will develop a memory imprint and should always be fully discharged before recharging.

And yes, the ones I bought were the 8 AA and 4 AAA with the charger for something like $19.95. The batteries are working well after I figured out the charging problem.

I believe that rechargeable batteries of this kind will gradually loose charge when left sitting, that might explain their weakness. Only charge the ones you plan to use soon and they should stay up better.

All NiMH batteries will lose charge just sitting on a shelf (or in a baggie). Some lose more than 3% per day. If you are going to use the rechargeables, either keep them in a trickle charger or remember to throw them in the charger the day before you need them.