Auchenshoogle - The Uk Geocache Capital

I thought the name Deceangi sounded familiar but after a post dinner break in the family library I spotted something familiar on the bookshelf, just under the lady with the strangely cylindrical crochet dress. But what was this not only have I discovered Deceangi's true identity but I have also spotted our sabbatical taking most honoured one himself. but not only that for it would seem that the city of Auchenshoogle is indeed the heartland of GeoCaching for I will present for you now definitive proof that the Lake Woebegone of these Britannic isles is indeed the UK GeoCache Capital.

1) Does not the rear profile of that short character being pursued by Oor Wullie not look familiar. Yes he is wearing a berry but I put it to you that his name Wee Eck gives it away.

wee_eck.jpg

2) Now consider the local bobby, one PC Murdoch. Is not his blissful continence highly reminiscent of someone's Forum avatar?

murdoch.jpg

3) For me this is the clincher, despite all the she/he debate for surely Deceangi is non other than Miss Daphne Broon, pinup girl of the Sunday Post. She enjoys the outdoors, has a no nonsense attitude and is a dab hand at keeping the likes of Pa and Hen Broon in check.

daphnie.jpg

4) But wait for without giving away the true identities of Oor Wullie, Fat Boab and Soapy Soutar look what they have found: in a cave hidden up the Glen they have discovered something frightening lurking in a cave. Surely it can't be .......

cave.jpg

5) I've spent an hour now on on GeoCacheUK trying to hunt down Auchenshoogle, we all know its there but somehow it is beeing masked from view. A sort of Groundspeak Area 51. I've even looked on the UKs 20 hardest caches but all the evidence has been unpublished . So let us demand that Lacto reactivate:

* The Bash Street Cache

* The Three Bears

* Numskulls About Cumbria

* Alf Tupperware Tough of the Track

* Roy of the Wild Rover

I’m sure that hydee is in fact the bairn but must return to the library to continue my investigation through a secret D.C.Thomson archive I have discovered hidden below a stack of Gaurdian Weekend magazines. :laughing:

Perhaps its here!

:laughing:

Ah happy memories of the Lonach Gathering. Following grown men as they tried to keep vertical while walking a few miles round the bounds. Why when ever I go out in England no one greets me as I pass with a wee strupach and a fancy piece [note to moderator: this post contains absolutely no innuendo, its dialect not double etendre]

In case you were wondering what Wee Eck, Oor Wullie, Soapy Soutar and Fat Boab found in the cave, well it was some mean bears, with sore heads and tight wallets - what did you think it would be?

3bears.gif

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

Ah the Angus Crew, fueled up on Smokies and off to the But'n'Ben up beyond Kirriemuir sucking sticks of Star Rock and singing along to Arbroaths finest chanter. Often wondered if the TCs wore Black and Red stripes and pehaps its trew.

All together now "sican a soter was aebody in, five mile away you could hear the din, even the vera coo had to grin, at ...."